Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

Man of the match voting in the other thread.

This thread will lock about three days after the match so that the polls are fixed. Please start another to continue discussion of the game.

This is how I felt before the match...

On 15/11/2015, 20:50:02, Chewie said:

I'll likely not lose total hope until it is close to being mathematically impossible for us to stay up. I personally think there is time to turn it around, and there are teams with worse players than ours. We just needed the right manager to get our guys working well, and I do honestly think we have found that in Garde.

As others have said, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Norwich, possibly Newcastle, all have as much chance of having the wheels coming off later in the season like ours did at the start. We just about have enough time to rescue our season, all the teams mentioned above have plenty of time to screw up theirs. In my opinion the Premier League is crazy this season, I don't recall a recent previous time where scores were like they have been the last few weeks, take out City and Arsenal (to a certain extent) and any team can beat another right now, it's almost impossible to call what is going to happen each game week.

A draw at Everton (doable), a loss at Southampton (most likely), and 3 points from Watford (you'd like to think), and the season suddenly looks rescuable. My biggest concern by a mile is that I am still unsure where our goals are going to come from.

This is how I feel now...

51 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Shattered hope, over and over again. It's like that girl who goes back to her abusive spouse every time. People just can't understand why she does it. That's us (the cute blonde 17 year old) with Villa (the 28 year old druggie who likes to knock us about a bit). To make it worse, when we are with him, we even let him do us up the arse!

Melodramatic? Possibly, but I think it is a fair rating and reaction.

• Like 3

It's hard to imagine just what has been going on at Bodymoor over the past few training sessions to lead to this shambles on the back of the Man City game. The fact that our 'honeymoon' period was a single 0-0 draw in which we didn't have a shot on target pretty much sums up this club over the last half a decade, doesn't it?

No positives from that, not a single one, probably as bad a performance as the 8-0 against Chelsea a few years back.

Every time it seems there could be a light at the end of the tunnel, it turns out to be a raging inferno heading at me as fast as Gabby eats a pie.

Sanchez gave a good account of himself and Ayew is clearly a good foil to a central striker. Terrible defending. Richardson is a liability and putting Jack 'I'm too good to get into a shape and defend for the team' Grealish in front of him certainly didn't help.

• Like 1

The midfield was pathetic,  the 2 centre backs and Richardson were worse. Goose is not upto it.  Ayew and Sanchez are the only 2 players to come out of that with any credit.  Just go and take the game to the opposition in future please Remi, none of this sitting back letting the opposition have all the ball bullshit.

I said we were **** as the team selection was announced. Westwood, Gil, Veretout and Grealish starting was plain ridiculous. Worse than anything Sherwood served up this season and I'm afraid to say Remi had lost this before a ball was kicked.

Garde always used a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2 diamond at Lyon which would have been a better fit here, formation and set up was totally wrong and he is very lucky Man City let us off in his first game. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better