Brazil- the greatest modern myth in Football?

VillaChris

All down to the wonderful Tite. Big respect to him as Brazil finally have a coach who's made them good to watch and also organised them. If they still had Dunga they'd be where Argentina are.

Big issue for Brazil though is most of their defence is in their 30s....by next World cup Dani Alves will be 35, Miranda and Thiago Silva 33 and Marcelo and Felipe Luis will also be in their 30s.

Would imagine they'll now start calling up some uncapped players...Fabinho at Monaco would be the first as he's an excellent player.

• Like 1

Paulinho has been very good since for Brazil he moved to China. They are probably best international side at the moment and if tournament started today they would be favourites

a lot can change in 15 months though

I also think them winning the Olympics has helped lift the self esteem of the team and public mood more positive towards them. Something historic like that was needed to put 2014 to one side.

Since the Gold medal they've won every single game I think.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

France historically has given Brazil the most trouble in major tournaments. 98 World cup final, knocked them out in 2006 and think in one of the World cups in the 80s.

1986 they beat them on penalties

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Didnt really want to start a new topic on the subject or find another relevant one but put in here. Daniel Alves has been found guilty of rape, will be interesting how football deals with this. Am sure he is the most decorated player ever

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt really want to start a new topic on the subject or find another relevant one but put in here. Daniel Alves has been found guilty of rape, will be interesting how football deals with this. Am sure he is the most decorated player ever

Given he's 40 and retired I imagine they'll completely ignore it as if he never happened. 

• Like 3

Saw something on social media the other day; Cafu pretty much blaming the Premier League for Brazil not winning anything for the best part of 20 years and insinuating that if Brazilian players had stayed on the continent in Spain (or in his case, Italy), they would have won more by now

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Saw something on social media the other day; Cafu pretty much blaming the Premier League for Brazil not winning anything for the best part of 20 years and insinuating that if Brazilian players had stayed on the continent in Spain (or in his case, Italy), they would have won more by now

Oh so they have caught England-itis?

15 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Can understand the argument.

Premier League clubs keep trying to pick up the next best Brazilian talent and paying them a lot of money. It's no surprise that the hunger to succeed for some of these players lessens once they're earning mega money. 

But it's not really just a Brazilian problem. 

Whilst I understand the argument I'm not fully convinced by it. 

Edited by PieFacE

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Absutely nothing to do with their one world class player in the last decade picking money over football 

To be fair, I blame Man City…

Their owners, their players…

but most of all, the blame lies at the feet of their fans…

They deserve every atrocity known to man…

On 23/02/2024 at 16:07, DJ_Villain said:

Because that’s held Argentina back of course.  It’s a bollocks argument.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Because that’s held Argentina back of course.  It’s a bollocks argument.  

I agree…

Makes you wonder if he is bitter and twisted that he never got the opportunity to play here

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I agree…

Makes you wonder if he is bitter and twisted that he never got the opportunity to play here

He played in Serie A at the peak of its powers while winning a lot of silverware

His criticism was that in England the mentality of players is weaker because of the money in the game. Looking at a team like Chelsea or United he has a point

On 22/02/2024 at 19:22, MrBlack said:

Given he's 40 and retired I imagine they'll completely ignore it as if he never happened. 

Maybe but Barcelona have now revoked his legend membership status at the club. 

• Thanks 1

Â