England vs France

The_Rev

From his Wiki: :D

Bamidele Jermaine "Dele Pelé de MessiAlli (born 11 April 1996) is an English professional footballerwho plays as a midfielder for Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League and the England national team. Against France on the 17th of November he scored an utter screamer, causing 20 heart attacks across the nation of England.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

He's been good. Always showing for the ball, couple of heavy touches here and there, but his crunching tackle in schneiderlin led to him getting the ball back and screaming it into the top corner from 30yrds. Good lad.

He's got a manager I suspect who will teach him a thing or two to make him better as well.. I think Gerrard and Lampard fell short at international level because at their clubs the midfield was built for them and they couldn't adapt to work together.  Early days though.

I hope there's not something wrong with my ears, because both anthems were particularly poorly performed. 80,000 mumbles.

It makes the media's big deal over the Marseillaise being sang strangely odd. It was sung with less gusto than usual. I at least expected to hear some horrendous butchered French.

I don't know if I am getting sentimental in my old age, but I am starting to warm towards Rooney. He has definitely matured as a person in the past year or so, since becoming captain. He has spoken well in recent months over Howard Kendall and did well again tonight. I also thought he put in a good mature performance today in a team of young players.  I think some of the criticism he gets is OTT.

He has never been consistent enough to be a true world class great but he has been the best England player of his vintage by miles.Ok he might have not scaled the heights for England all the time but his goal scoring record is excellent and it will be years before anyone gets near his record when he eventually retires.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

I hope there's not something wrong with my ears, because both anthems were particularly poorly performed. 80,000 mumbles.

It makes the media's big deal over the Marseillaise being sang strangely odd. It was sung with less gusto than usual. I at least expected to hear some horrendous butchered French.

Might sound silly, but I reckon they'd have been better off telling the English to hum it or just "Dah-dah dah-dah dah dah dah dahhhhh dah dah" it.
I think everybody trying to sing in french when they didn't know the words just made it a bit mumbly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't know if I am getting sentimental in my old age, but I am starting to warm towards Rooney. He has definitely matured as a person in the past year or so, since becoming captain. He has spoken well in recent months over Howard Kendall and did well again tonight. I also thought he put in a good mature performance today in a team of young players.  I think some of the criticism he gets is OTT.

He has never been consistent enough to be a true world class great but he has been the best England player of his vintage by miles.Ok he might have not scaled the heights for England all the time but his goal scoring record is excellent and it will be years before anyone gets near his record when he eventually retires.

If you consider his age, you probably have to go half a decade older to find a better England player and at least half a decade younger. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Might sound silly, but I reckon they'd have been better off telling the English to hum it or just "Dah-dah dah-dah dah dah dah dahhhhh dah dah" it.
I think everybody trying to sing in french when they didn't know the words just made it a bit mumbly.

I think they might have had to ask them to do the same for God Save the Queen. That was a bigger damp squib than usual as well.

Part of me thinks ITV must have **** up the audio, in truth.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I think they might have had to ask them to do the same for God Save the Queen. That was a bigger damp squib than usual as well.

Part of me thinks ITV must have **** up the audio, in truth.

I think they did. Towards the end of God Save the Queen you suddenly heard a proper singer start singing it.

I think the intention was there for the French Anthem, but it fell short of the rousing rendition everyone was hoping for.

To be fair, even the French Players weren't exactly singing it with much gusto

12 hours ago, Bradd92 said:

I'd say the more impressive things over the anthem was the perfect minutes silence and when the players stood together in a line next to each other.

CUDOt_1WoAA9KyY.jpg:large

The referee should get the credit for this, he was the one who prepared it and got all the players together.

Â