England vs France

The_Rev

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They are encouraging English fans to sing the French national Anthem tomorrow night

It's a rousing anthem, and It's a lot less of a dirge than GSTQ to be fair.

I'd have a go at singing it, if I was given the words.

The words will be displayed on the big screens before kick off and will be printed in newspapers if you're watching at home or down the pub. Even if you don't fancy trying your best GCSE French it's an easy enough tune to hum as others have said.

Personally I think it's a brilliant idea and requires effort rather than colouring in your Fancy dress Facebook picture. 

13 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

It's a rousing anthem, and It's a lot less of a dirge than GSTQ to be fair.

I'd have a go at singing it, if I was given the words.

God Save The Queen is musically one of the worst anthems in the world. Certainly I can't think of many worse in Europe. 

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How out of touch is Hodgson? Asking fans to respect the minutes silence.... I think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone (bar religious extremists) who would even consider doing anything during the silence.

He actually said that? What a **** idiot. I can understand that kind of call if we're talking about a heated derby but this is anything but.

35 minutes ago, Mantis said:

God Save the Queen is hideously underrated IMO - really do not get the hate.

I do like La Marseillaise though.

I love the French national anthem.

(Not just saying that coz of recent events. I've always begrudgingly wished we had theirs!)

Â