Anyone scared of death?

heskeygoalmachine

When I was younger, I actually bought that on a card and thought it was really uplifting.  Now I just think it's a pile of old toss 

I refer you to the 'Bama 3 lyrics I posted a little earlier.

Edited by chrisp65

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I always thought the old 'footprints in the sand' story was a nice one.

Person looks back on their life as a walk along a beach. Points out to God that at every point there was a problem or a challenge the two sets of footprints turns in to one. 'Why did you leave me every time life got tough?' says the person. 'I didn't', says God. 'That's where I carried you'.

I like that one. Nice image.

(I am neither supporting, denying or condoning anything here, before the atheifascists get all riled up)

Just on the atheifascists thing, assuming you're putting me in that category :D I would never ever presume to inflict my world view on anyone in a normal conversation.  People are free to believe whatever they want, as am I.  I will not evangelise either way.  Doesn't mean I won't secretly judge internally  ;) but I don't like militant religious or anti-religious fanatics who won't change the conversation.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Person looks back on their life as a walk along a beach. Points out to God that at every point there was a problem or a challenge the two sets of footprints turns in to one. 'Why did you leave me every time life got tough?' says the person. 'I didn't', says God. 'That's where I carried you'.

Nah, I'd always thought that was when he had to go and appear on Junior Kick Start.

( one for the HMHB fans there)

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I like that one. Nice image.

(I am neither supporting, denying or condoning anything here, before the atheifascists get all riled up)

20120816-095413.jpg (720×377)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Nah, I wasn't putting anyone in any category to be honest, I just tacked that one liner on the end out of mischief.

Entirely up to you if you want to burn in hell for all eternity.

If hell existed I imagine the temperature would be perfectly pleasant. You are there because you turned your back on Satan's nemesis presumably. The Devil is going to love you and welcome you in like a long lost pal ! It's more likely to be fist bumps and blowjobs on tap,  rather than the sadistic depiction created by the church! :D

• Like 1

I like visiting old churches ( and mosques for that matter )  the work involved and scale of some of them is quite breathtaking even if I don't care for what they stand for ... Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence or the Mattius church in Budapest are stunning as is the hagia sophia in Istanbul as a few examples 

I have a pact with mate that if I should die, a week after the funeral he will update my facebook status to say "Wow...the wi-fi is amazing down here"

Funny you should say that. For some reason a few weeks ago I activated the next of kin option on Facebook so that they control your fb when you're no longer around.

I opted for my sister.

She messaged back saying "You do know I'll be using this for comedy value you morose bastard".

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

She messaged back saying "You do know I'll be using this for comedy value you morose bastard".

I like your sister.

Â