Anyone scared of death?

heskeygoalmachine

I am scared of dying then waking up buried alive :(

:crylaugh:

Once you're dead, you're dead Dem mate. Unless you're Jebus ....

You laugh but I remember reading once, I think it was far east they went to get rid of a very old body and when they opened the coffin and found scratch marks inside the coffin...scary

premature-burial.jpg

Edit: Full film available on Youtube, it seems:

Edited by snowychap

well if the rate of technology keeps developing as it is maybe some of us will get lucky, and we can enjoy a bit of cryogenesis to keep us going on a bit, or become preserved through assimilating with the robots. I mean, if they can save the brain, and just replace all the crappy body bits, maybe we can live on even longer?

If you wanted to obviously.

I'm scared I'll die before I see the Villa win the FA Cup.

I think the thought of dying young, especially, is a weirdly scary thing. I mean where do we go. I cannot conprehend the thought of us just seizing to exsist. I mean when we sleep we are still kinda aware and dream. When your life is finished what happens, Say we die in a car crash today (terrible thought I know), is it a reality we go some other place. Very strange and something even up till now no one can ever prove. 

We can maybe all imagine death, but the not exsisting thing is something no one can begin to comprehend.

It'll be just like it was before you were born.

An what was that like? I can't remember back that far.:)

There was something on the news ages ago, saying that the first person to live to 500 has already been born.

It was reference to stem cell research keeping aging cells and organs at bay.

Don't know any details, just remember the headlines.

Apart from it being painful, the only thing that bothers me is all the stuff I'd miss...

I'd miss out on things my family does. I'd miss seeing how upset my wife would be (hopefully)...

I'd miss out on how my kids grow up and live their lives, and what they do with them.

I'd miss out on seeing my grandkids grow up. And their kids, and their kids, and so on...

I'd miss out on general stuff that happens in the world. Global warming making Planet Earth uninhabitable, Colonising Mars, what becomes of the human race, etc...

And I'd miss out on seeing Villa win a trophy...

• Like 1

I fear relegation more than death

No seriously death is just the beginning energy doesn't dissipate i believe we return to the cosmos when we die

What energy are you talking about? The condensed energy which forms the body will be unchanged. Death is the cessation of a emergent property (conciousness) of the bag of mainly water which makes up the body. Until we can emulate that emergent property on other substrates, death is the end of conciousness. Currently, anything else is an attempt to con you.

There was something on the news ages ago, saying that the first person to live to 500 has already been born.

It was reference to stem cell research keeping aging cells and organs at bay.

Don't know any details, just remember the headlines.

I hope it's me

I'm not scared of death at all. But then I have no wife or children,  maybe it would change then.  Living is overrated.  I quite like the idea of it coming to a natural end ,  if there is an afterlife im going to be a bit pissed off because this life is enough.  

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

There is an afterlife, there is.

I shall be a legendary defender for the majestic Aston Villa, at night I play bass guitar in a band at my own famously brilliant but under the radar small speak easy club. Beer and pies do not contain calories. Oh, and I'd still be married to the same fine lady. But she'd have gone off Enya and Clannad and got rid of their shitty CD's.

Death genuinely doesn't worry me in the slightest. Once your gone, your gone, no regrets, no responsibility, no reckoning or embarrassment.

Illness scares me. I've got this far with remarkably little in the way of illness. Not a single day on the sick in 10 years. I don't have aching knees, I don't get headaches, I take no tablets. I've even avoided getting a cold for the last couple of winters. I would be crap and being a brave little patient.

There is an afterlife, there is.

I shall be a legendary defender for the majestic Aston Villa, at night I play bass guitar in a band at my own famously brilliant but under the radar small speak easy club. Beer and pies do not contain calories. Oh, and I'd still be married to the same fine lady. But she'd have gone off Enya and Clannad and got rid of their shitty CD's.

Death genuinely doesn't worry me in the slightest. Once your gone, your gone, no regrets, no responsibility, no reckoning or embarrassment.

Illness scares me. I've got this far with remarkably little in the way of illness. Not a single day sick in 10 years. I don't have aching knees, I don't get headaches, I take no tablets. I've even avoided getting a cold for the last couple of winters. I would be crap and being a brave little patient.

An here's me thinking you was older than 10.

People are not scared of death IMO,  it's just when it is the problem.

If it was impossible to die whilst awake I would think it a lot easier on the brain to cope with it.

I disagree.

Obviously I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep then slowly and horribly.

But the biggest fear for me is the not existing afterwards. Not the actual process of dying.

• Like 2

Â