Anyone scared of death?

heskeygoalmachine

I am scared of dying then waking up buried alive :(

:crylaugh:

Once you're dead, you're dead Dem mate. Unless you're Jebus ....

Jebus isn't the only zombie in the Bible. The streets of Jerusalem were full of them. Matthew 27:52. The piss poor writer failed to mention whether they were hast or slow zombies though.

Jokes, the reason I say that is because I've known 3/4 people live well into their 90s and all of them just kept saying how tired they were and little bits and bobs that just said to me, that they were okay with letting go now.  Obviously that's because their bodies, even though physically fit and able to move about, were over 90 years old and becoming brittle etc.

That sounds like me. I'm 42, fml.

• Like 1

You laugh but I remember reading once, I think it was far east they went to get rid of a very old body and when they opened the coffin and found scratch marks inside the coffin...scary

You laugh but I remember reading once, I think it was far east they went to get rid of a very old body and when they opened the coffin and found scratch marks inside the coffin...scary

Rats.

It was the ultimate warrior

I've known people live after being declared dead. One I remember is a middle aged lady who had CPR for the usual half hour or so, then declared dead by the Consultant Dr, no pulse, no signs of life, fish eye etc. The young student nurse was alone with the body preparing her for transport to the morgue when he found a faint carotid pulse. Lady went to ITU and now campaigns and fundraises for the installation of public CPR stations in her spare time (she went back to work). She's now a friend of mine. I refer to her as The Zombie in a jokey way but when I see her I see undead.

I saw my mother in law die of cancer. We spent most of her last days by her bed from the last times she could communicate (all she wanted was to see the kids as it gave her a little joy) to the last time she had her eyes open and how scared she looked even with all the drug's in her.  She was so helpless sad and scared it broke my heart but it has already been said here that cancer is a bastard.  I can't see any positive from that and every time I think of death I put myself in her position. It scares the crap out of me the idea of wanting to take one more breath and not having the strength to do it then feeling your body shut down for the last time.

It's well documented that a sudden fascination or interest in one's own mortality (where that fascination did not exist previously) is often a sign of a serious downturn in one's own health.  That the body subconsciously knows something is seriously wrong long before you do, and sometimes long before it can even be diagnosed.  So I'd get yourself checked out if that's the case.

Of course what I've just written there is complete and utter balls and I was just playin'.  Sometimes I can be a bastard like that.

EDIT : This is in response to the OP!

i accept death but yes id hate to die too young or die suffering for months or years. not a nice thought dying and leaving people behind but i definitely want to go before my kids because no one should have to bury their kids. death is also intriguing and im in the minority on here who thinks there is something after death and your journey carries on but maybe thats just wishful thinking. anyway lifes a bitch then you die.

A great uncle of mine lived to be 98, and then he just said **** this, and refused to eat. He had no quality of life, no wife, a son in Australia, another son a parasite, he couldnt get around much, was mostly blind, and incontinent. So i dont blame him. Just wish we had safe and painless euthanasia clinics here, instead of the alternatives, which include starving yourself to death. He died after about 7 weeks of no food.

I am scared of dying then waking up buriethey'd ve :(

I heard that in old English graveyards, theyd attach a rope down thru the ground into the coffin, and above ground, the rope would be affixed to a bell, so when the so calledcdead person woke up 6 feet under, they could alert people to dig them up!

Â