Player Match Ratings: Garde lets the lion roar!

John

I'd drop Hutton, Veretout and Gana to a 7, and Sinclair, Bacuna and Ayew to a 6. Also I don't think Gil was held back? He was just unlucky that Kolarov was covering Fernando or Fernandinho (what's the difference between those two anyway? :D).

Edited by Tom13

I can see where you are coming from on the ratings but I do not think anyone was worth a 6 on that performance and I felt those 3 did well enough to merit more than a 7 on balance although it is a matter of opinion and thank you for giving your one Tom13. The difference between those players is known only to their respective parents I suggest. :)

Thanks for your comment as well srsmithusa that is how I viewed it.   

• Like 1

Not sure about those ratings tbh, wouldn't agree with:

Richards getting the same mark as Clark, the latter had to very clearly bail out the former when he went too far up the pitch and put us under a lot of pressure. Played well outside of that, a 7 probably.

Gana getting the same grades as Sanchez and Veretout. Sanchez 8, Veretout 7 and Gana 6 IMO. La Roca was a beast, Veretout showed some very nice touches and intelligent passes and Gana looked a little off the pace. Perhaps lacking the confidence he had when he first came here and impressed so much. More from him to come though, I imagine.

Â