Tech Deals 2015

limpid

I'm trying something new.

For any deals you find on tech. It'll be open until the end of December. After that we'll see if there is enough interest to make it monthly.

Please don't just post links, at least describe what the deal is.

Edited by limpid
  • Like 1

On a serious note, this is a good topic! 
I've been on the lookout for a new phone for ages but yet to commit to anything. I'll probably wait until after christmas now but that LG deal is very tempting...

The 26 Best Tech Products Of The Year 

Want to know the best tech products to put at the top of your Christmas list this year? Look no further. We’ve pulled together our Product of the Year winners from each of the 26 product categories at the What Hi-Fi? Awards 2015.

104 products took home Best Buy Awards at this year’s ceremony but there can only be one outright winner in each category. The Product of the Year represents the best performance-per-pound piece of kit in each section, and comes together to make the ultimate Christmas 2015 tech shopping list.

The following list of 26 products covers TVs, turntables, wireless speakers, headphones, DACs, stereo amps and much more besides, including two new categories for this year: portable music players and the Temptation Award, which represents the best in high-end tech.

Want to know more? Click through to read the reviews or head over to our Awards 2015 site for the full list of winners.

MORE: What Hi-Fi? Awards 2015 winners

Edited by Kingman

Tech radar Black Friday deals

This was useful last year in the lead up to Black Friday, as it lists all the deals it knows of before the day itself.

Interesting read, which reminded me more of a propaganda piece somehow. 'Retailers hate it'. Clearly they don't or it wouldn't happen. It's not some irresistible inevitable force of nature. At least some shops must be benefitting, and I'd probably guess overall they all do to some extent along similar lines to the thinking behind loss leaders.

I remember checking a few sites last year on 'Black Friday' and can't recall seeing anything I thought was an astounding deal. And the nature of the thing is such that, if you do stumble on something that's a great price, it's gone already.

Saying all that, I'll still look in the next couple of weeks on the off chance a decent bargain drops.

The 26 Best Tech Products Of The Year 

Can we keep it to deals though?

Sure, Just thought a link within to this years top rated tech would be relative to the best tech products/deals that get posted. 

iPhone 6S 64GB | O2 4G | £100 Off Using Black Friday Code BLACKNOV15 | Unlimited calls and texts | 3GB data | £31 P/Month
£175 for handset, using £100 off code brings the handset cost down to £75 upfront, + 24 months x £31 = £819. 
Edited by Kingman

Most Black Friday 'deals' are shit.  Retailers know that enough people get some kind of fever when they are promised there will be a sale that they will buy anything.  If you want to shift a hundred Samsung Android tablets that nobody is going to buy then discount a couple of TVs by 25% and cash in on the insanity. 

• Like 2

Most Black Friday 'deals' are shit.  Retailers know that enough people get some kind of fever when they are promised there will be a sale that they will buy anything.  If you want to shift a hundred Samsung Android tablets that nobody is going to buy then discount a couple of TVs by 25% and cash in on the insanity. 

If you impulse buy, I guess.

But if you're in the market for a particular device, it's a good opportunity to get a discounted price.

But if you're in the market for a particular device, it's a good opportunity to get a discounted price.

I'd be amazed if there's a specific device you're looking for on sale. There won't be any sales for X-box Ones, Sony TVs,  or Galaxy S6s, you'll have some grey market Infotech TVs and Suspciouslyforeignnameyouveneverheard of phones, and that's about it, judging by previous black fridays.

I'd be amazed if there's a specific device you're looking for on sale. There won't be any sales for X-box Ones, Sony TVs,  or Galaxy S6s, you'll have some grey market Infotech TVs and Suspciouslyforeignnameyouveneverheard of phones, and that's about it, judging by previous black fridays.

There's a lot of tat, but I do remember seeing deals on Surface Pros last year and I picked up a Chromecast for a decent price.

It's being bothered to sift through the tat in the hope of finding something you want.

I won't be brawling in Asda for widescreen TV 's though.

There's a lot of tat, but I do remember seeing deals on Surface Pros last year and I picked up a Chromecast for a decent price.

It's being bothered to sift through the tat in the hope of finding something you want.

I won't be brawling in Asda for widescreen TV 's though.

Is that right that you like a Big Bush :D

• Like 1