Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

But seriously

if we try to protect a 0-0 we may not get the deserved luck like against Citeh

best off with packing out the midfield area and try to work in their half, we may even score with Bacuna & N'Zogbia pushing on

Runs & crosses coming in from Richardsons side will mean goals for Kone

In all likelyhood this will be a narrow defeat against a very decent Everton side.  I'd say 1-0.  But I'm hopeful.  It's not a foregone conclusion and I'm interested to see how we line-up and apply ourselves now that Remi has had a bit more time to get his ideas across.

On 11/15/2015, 12:16:37, One For The Road said:

I think we could have sneaked a draw if we were at full strength. As it's,  with Amavi out and Richardson in, I suspect another loss. 3-0.

So, at minimum, you think Richardson coming in for Amavi is worth a 4 goal swing?

Listen, I know Richardson isn't great, but the overreaction to his ability on VT is incredible. He's really not that bad.

• Like 3

All this berating of Richardson, he's a total scapegoat, he's really not that bad, I'd start him and go pretty much with the line up above, similar to the principal we played against city with the chance we should be able to build on the attacking play a bit more. 

How about we back the players for once under a new manger regardless of there past form..

Edited by Fowlersrs
  • Like 3

On 16/11/2015, 13:00:27, KHV said:

Yeah, Richardson plays and we automatically lose :rolleyes:

Ridiculous

It's not just about Richardson though is it? Amavi is a good player and one I feel we would have seen the best of under Garde. I felt he would have been key to our attacking, especially away from home. Maybe you should have a think before calling people's posts ridiculous.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34872166

The French national anthem - La Marseillaise - will be played before this weekend's Premier League matches.

A choral version will be played after the coin toss, with players from both teams coming together with match officials in the centre circle.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore described it as an act of "solidarity and remembrance" after the Paris attacks in which 129 people died.

La Marseillaise was sung before England's win over France on Tuesday.

There are 72 French players currently in the Premier League.

"Given how close we are, as well as the long-standing relationship that exists between the Premier League and France, playing La Marseillaise as an act of solidarity and remembrance is the right thing to do," said Scudamore.

Chelsea have announced their players will wear black armbands incorporating the French flag during their home game with Norwich City on Saturday (15:00 BST).

The Premier League has briefed each club on the current threat alert and existing security guidance.

Thoughts on this?

IMO Tuesday's game was a brilliant tribute and I think it should be left at that.

I'm not so sure that the French anthem will be as well respected around the grounds at the weekend as it was at Wembley.

I completely agree with the minutes silence, just not the French anthem being played