Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Poll  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

City should have won but were average and a huge reason why was our performance.

It wasn't especially skilful, the odd touch from Gil aside, but it they stood up and they fought and they deserved their point. Well done boys and thank you Remi Garde. That was a proper formation, which produced a disciplined performance.

Maybe, just maybe... 

• Like 1

great point and overall we played a lot better than we have been. not much going forward again and created nothing but our defence was superb and for that i think we deserved the point although city should of came away with three points. played some decent football and done ok against a team that was much quicker and stronger than us. it was a great point because of who we played, if we had played watford this would of been a bad result so its important we step things up now and get something from everton.

Guzan - 7. World class save kept us in it.

Hutton - 6. Bald.

Richards - 7. Has the occasional power surge but good.

Clark - 7. That tackle on Navas...

Amavi - 8. Great player in the making.

Gana - 7. Lot of energy in midfield.

Sanchez - 8. Bossed it. Faded a little.

Veretout - 6. Jekyl and Hyde.

Gil - 8. The best footballer at the club.

Sinclair - 7. Still goes missing too much.

Ayew - 7. Better than Gabby.

Garde - 10. All I wanted was for him to pick our best players. And he did.

Fans - 10. But I'm still the best one.

• Like 1

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Rudy Gestede's masterclass in sportsmanship? Bloody hilarious.

We need that bit of nasty. **** being nice to other teams right now.

Also, I think Tim Sherwoods English dictionary needs updating:

Pragmatic; adj. Aston Villa's 0-0 performance against Man City 8 Nov 2015

In all fairness we were caught out all over the place second half time and time again and were extremely lucky, they missed at least 4 great chances but the important part of today is the result and the effort shown by the players and that we have a platform to build on.

Pretty much everyone myself included was happy to write this one off as long as there was some positive progress. Fantastic point and being able to hang on in the circumstances will be a huge mental boost. Amazing what having an actual manager can do for a team. Two weeks now to build with a feel good factor from a hard earned point at our backs. Time to start climbing.

sg017lt.gif

Rode our luck at the end, but we're well overdue some luck.

Clean sheet, stopped the run of losses, looked organised, never panicked even when Man City stepped up a gear, already looking more confident and that result will only give us more. 

Yes Man City were the better a team, but they are a better team! They didn't look 20 places better today.

Love that gif - where did you get it Danwich Man?!

• Like 1

Rode our look at the end but so much more organised. Clark was immense.

Attacking wise not overly encouraging but we'll come up against much worse defences than that and we'll get more openings.

Would have been interesting if we'd scored from that corner.