Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Poll  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Annoyingly, I had arranged to be out from 3pm today - a few weeks ago this didn't look like something you would want to stay in for!. So I watched what I could and followed the rest on t'Internet.

Based on what I saw, I was Much happier with the way we played today, although Man C were clearly a long way below the levels they have achieved for most of the season.

A very promising start for Remi although I almost choked on my sandwich when In saw "Gil substituted by N'Zogbia" come up on the BBC web site.

• Like 1

Just home. I really enjoyed that! In the 1st we showed we can play football and that we have more than a few decent players. I was impressed with Vertout - considering this was his first 90 minutes and the way that he was **** about by Sherwood. Gill was excellent in the first half, Sanchez was fairly dominant at times. Gana made a couple of errors early on but got better as the game continued. Great to see someone upfront in Ayew who can retain the ball. We now just need to get some goals. We had some luck but overall we played well!

• Like 2

What a contrast. Some great midfield play, fantastic defending, but just still lacking the final element. Disappointed with Ayew today, he just walked around a lot, never really looked to run into spaces to make it easier for everyone else. 

Great rebound game for Clark, who is my MOTM. Gil is our little engine, he makes so much happen, clearly has to be a regular starter now. 

It will be interesting to see how Grealish gets back in the starting lineup. Garde couldn't have been very impressed with him at WHL.

Was Adama not on the bench today? I'd have preferred to have seen him come on rather than Zog. And can Adama play upfront next to Ayew, or even alone? We need a bloody goal scorer.

Heart attack city at the end there, it was almost another classic Villa stoppage time loss.

But credit where it's due, and that starts with Remi Garde, who looks the part, and the rest of the team played fought really hard (minus Ayew), and deserved the point.

And it is a massive point against the league leaders, and hopefully the start of our claw back from the precipice. 

I'd have been interested to see this game on last nights MOTD, only because the usual suspects would have to try to explain why we performed so much better with Amavi, Gana and Gil in the team. Hopefully someone points out on MOTD2 that not playing Gil was a huge mistake.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

I'd have been interested to see this game on last nights MOTD, only because the usual suspects would have to try to explain why we performed so much better with Amavi, Gana and Gil in the team. Hopefully someone points out on MOTD2 that not playing Gil was a huge mistake.

Hopefully one of those highly knowledgeable pundits admits that Sherwood is a waste of space and Garde is a proper manager.

• Like 1

We did an exceptional job against a team that does'nt seem to have a weakness in any area. To a man, we showed grit, determination and a lack of fear.

Its only forward from now on, but with the heart those boys showed out there, it won't be too hard to reel everbody else in.

AND it was on tv ffs!

Interesting Clark said "We got the team sheet we wanted" - Wonder what was behind those words

He nearly let something else slip out as well if you look at Richards's reaction but he mumbled his way out of it

Edited by Grasshopper

Good starting line up and good substitutions. An excellent performance considering he has had so little time with these players. A calm, measured first half, and a big defensive effort in the second. Very little penetration, but I think we will see that improve as the players continue to play together. We were lucky, and lucky teams do not get relegated.

Great start, I am optimistic.

Great performance and true grit shown from the players. Early days but finally looks like a manager who knows what he is doing. Good substitutions and tactical awareness during the game. A very good point to build on.

Interesting Clark said "We got the team sheet we wanted" - Wonder what was behind those words

He nearly let something else slip out as well if you look at Richards's reaction but he mumbled his way out of it

He 100% says clean sheet and I just don't think he is used to being in front of a camera. He umm's and ahh's a lot which is usually the sign of someone who is trying to find the right words as to not come across 'silly' when being put on the spot. I personally don't think there was anything in his interview, but that's not to say the players aren't feeling more positive or really want to come out and say "Sherwood was shit, we are glad Garde is here now" :)

Great pic on BBC website of Clarke emptying navas  (fairly) with that brute of a challenge. You'll have take my word for it though due to my being too much of a techtard to link it

2e4m4Nq.jpg

Lovely. I think even Sterling felt that :)

Great pic on BBC website of Clarke emptying navas  (fairly) with that brute of a challenge. You'll have take my word for it though due to my being too much of a techtard to link it

2e4m4Nq.jpg

ha. Yes thank you, thats the one. Amavi actually looks quite shocked by the brutality he just witnessed!