Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Poll  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

I can't remember the last time I finished watching a game in a good mood, I'm feeling a lot more positive about the season already.

And if we feel like that as fans, imagine how the team feel. Cannot underestimate what this result will do for us. Tonnes of training time to come and to improve further. One step, but a big one. 

• Like 2

Amavi got screwed over by Sinclair second half. Sagna was bombing forward which meant most of the time Amavi was having to deal with Navas and Sagna.

Maybe Bennett would be a better option than Sinclair when were trying to cover the right back , tough though against those two  

Great stuff.

The defence all had great games as well as Guzan who pulled off some brilliant saves. I thought Sanchez was an absolute rock today, broke up the play and utilised the ball very well. Gana and Veretout were solid but I think we will see a lot more from them in the future. Gil his magnificent self but I thought Sinclair was fairly poor. Ayew did a great job of leading the line but would have liked to have seen him pull the trigger more often. 

"We have been playing well and we have deserved more than four points. Today is a massive draw for us. the lads were outstanding and we fought for each other. It was tough playing against City. I was there at 14 and I had mixed emotions. I always want City to do well but I am a Villa man now. The new manager has come in and organised us. He has done well."

Micah Richards Aston Villa captain
  • Like 2

Great performance today, managed to stop the rot against a very difficult opponent.

Can't wait for the next match. Long time since anyone has said that about Villa.

• Like 1

Three central midfielders give us a bit more solidity and lets there full backs adventure. Keeping the ball means the opposition aren't always coming at us.

He's picked a reasonable side, with players in the right positions, we didn't threaten much, but we looked said and competitive and the players looked like they knew what they were supposed to be doing.

It's a very good start Mr Garde, further tests will await against teams that we will hope to do more than draw with, but I liked today's team and the way in which they were instructed.

"We have been playing well and we have deserved more than four points. Today is a massive draw for us. the lads were outstanding and we fought for each other. It was tough playing against City. I was there at 14 and I had mixed emotions. I always want City to do well but I am a Villa man now. The new manager has come in and organised us. He has done well."

Micah Richards Aston Villa captain

Was hard to begrudge him running over to their fans at the end of the game, ways of doing things Mr delph...

I think benteke in for Sinclair and that would be a very capable, good and near mid table team, desperately need a striker, think we were a bit powder puff at times, ayew and Gil could have gone through on goal but were bullied off it

But that's splitting hairs, was a very good performance that deserved a point, we should be fine if we keep that going

So much more organised. Tactically excellent from Remi, making changes to ensure we got the point. 

The thing I enjoyed the most today was the players playing for the manager. Non-stop running from all of them, Sánchez looking like a proper DM too. 

Thought Sanchez was great today, seems a lot agree in the MOTM poll.

Must have been nice not to have to deal with Westwood's continuous sideways 3 yard passes all afternoon.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 2

I thought we were excellent on the whole, we're a striker away from being a solid top 10 outfit in my opinion. I thought we looked very solid at the back and limited city to few clear cut opportunities. The midfield has a nice balance to it, i think we lack a goal threat from midfield, although i think veretout could provide that in the near future

Wasn't going to watch the game and just drive down on my weekly trip to Winchester oblivious to what was going on at VP but something told me to watch it so I did and my trip down afterwards was so much more pleasant.

• Like 2

Today I saw players that can pass the ball accurately and have confidence and technical ability. This is not a squad of players that belong in the relegation zone but then again I have thought that since the summer. We just needed a manager to pick the right players, the right tactics and make the right subs at the right time.

• Like 2