Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Poll  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Much better, that result feels a bit like that west ham win a few years ago under lambert, by which I mean it feels more valuable than just a point. 

Considering who we were up against, it was a fantastic performance. Hopefully the forwards will have more going for them against weaker opposition.

Regarding rudy, Hart could have just left it. Would have amounted to much the same. The whole incident was a bit dodgy for me.

Oh and hope you enjoyed your little runabout Fabian which was graciously given to you. You were non-descript. Off to the reserves with you.

Good work lads and Remi!

I think it was very important to come away from that game with some points.  

So often you teams (usually those destined to go down) pull their socks up against the big teams, put in a spirited performance and end up coming away with a narrow loss -  the sort of performance/result that causes pundits up and down the country state things like "if they keep playing like that against the smaller teams they'll be ok", only to never put in the performance when they "need" to.

It might not be start of a turn around for the season, it might just be another false dawn, but personally it'll give everyone so much belief that it's not all over yet, and that you really can't write any game off, no matter the opposition.  Let's see what these next couple of weeks off will produce. :)

Amavi ---> 4

Let Navas do what he wanted with the crosses. Needs to defend better.

The rest, very good.

Thought he was at least a 7

Offensively he was good, but the amount of crosses from his side that should have led to at least a goal were too many...

• Like 1

Offensively he was good, but the amount of crosses from his side that should have led to at least a goal were too many...

He was often left to defend vs 2, and both very quick players as well. I think it was more a case of City throwing men forward , our midfield being completely knackered and having more then enough to do to stop them in the center, then Amavi being poor defensively.

• Like 1

Interesting Clark said "We got the team sheet we wanted" - Wonder what was behind those words

I'd guess they wanted Gil to start.

Are you sure he didn't say clean sheet lol.

Edited by Razor
  • Like 1

Organized display, Remi has our players playing to 100% of their ability with the form and fitness issues, a bit more confidence and I can see a win coming in the next two games. 

Ayew was trying to make runs but the ball in was either too late, never happened or was over hit. Its this part of our play that needs a little bit of work but I think veretout is capable of those balls .

Defense was solid enough , Guzans distribution was a bit hit and miss but he saved us with a few involuntary blocks .

I can see a flickering of light , there's going to be bad days but I can see the foundations being built.

One more thing, Sherwood is a really shit manager and today proved it, I just hope a bottom half team install him as manager as I think that would help our push up the league UTV

Football really isn't that complicated. You pick your best players and have a system. We rode our luck today but the organisation and simplicity of our play was so refreshing to see. Can a manager really make that much difference?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I said it before the game and I'll say it again. There are worse teams than us.

There are only worse teams than us when we play the right XI. Today proved that. Even though we were fortunate, we were excellent. 

The team we put out against Spurs is comfortably the worst team in the league.

Edited by Delphinho123

Interesting Clark said "We got the team sheet we wanted" - Wonder what was behind those words

I'd guess they wanted Gil to start.

Are you sure he didn't say clean sheet lol.

He definitely said clean sheet.