Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Poll  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

A 0-0 that feels like a win! Very impressed with the team and the manager - he started the exact team I wanted to see and he made sensible proactive changes which kept us competitive and with one bit of luck we even could've snuck it. Considering the vast gulf in form and in resources, we did incredibly well to match City today. 

City should have scored twice and you can say it's luck but it's also them failing to convert two headers from point blank range. Generally kept De Bruyne and Sterling quiet, and Toure was invisible when he usually scores against us

Unlike most weeks this season where picking MOTM is trying to work out who was least bad, today there are several candidates. Richards and Sanchez really held the spine together, Gil was the best player on pitch first half, Veretout put in a promising performance (esp considering how few minutes he's had lately) and the fullbacks stuck to their task well against tough opponents. The re-animated Zog had good impact and even the much maligned Guzan and Clark played their part with some crucial moments. I'd probably go with Richards overall.

Excellent performance by all, funny how we've spent all season being a disorganised mess and we've seen countless individual errors and bad luck, we turn up today organised and the individual errors were gone and we got "lucky"

9/10 you make you're own luck, we made ours today, progress!

• Like 1

I really believe if veretout gets a solid run of games hes gonna be one of our best players.

Agreed. He showed touches of real class today. Love the way him and Gana drive at the oppositions defence 

Ive said a couple of times in here, he reminds me of Milner.