England squad for Spain & France

andykeenan

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)

To me the current central midfield lacks quality and is a lost generation. Even people who will come back like Wilshere and Henderson aren't majorly special and won't lift England to great heights.

Personally I'd get Barkley and Dele Ali playing as much as possible, not just for euro 2016 but for the next 5-10 years. Big fan of Barkley, been much better this season.

Early days for Ali but he's an athletic box-to-box midfielder who can also score and England just don't have that, it's too static and conservative in central midfield. So for me I'd like to see Ali start, y ou never know he could be England's version of Pogba.

To me the current central midfield lacks quality and is a lost generation. Even people who will come back like Wilshere and Henderson aren't majorly special and won't lift England to great heights.

Personally I'd get Barkley and Dele Ali playing as much as possible, not just for euro 2016 but for the next 5-10 years. Big fan of Barkley, been much better this season.

Early days for Ali but he's an athletic box-to-box midfielder who can also score and England just don't have that, it's too static and conservative in central midfield. So for me I'd like to see Ali start, y ou never know he could be England's version of Pogba.

Agreed, also think dier is doing pretty well as the holding mid.. Play all three now, get them used to each other and international football.. 

Would also give Butland a couple of games, we all know Hart is number one but Butland still needs experience 

Â