Paul McGrath

TRO

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Turned up in my local one Monday when he played for us, only about half a dozen bods in there, sat with him for a few pints, he stood his round much to his insistence, even went with him to another couple of boozers. He seemed troubled but a perfect gentleman at all times, completely random evening that will live with me for life

Phew, thought some misfortune had happened to God... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 08/08/2020 at 17:49, Follyfoot said:

Turned up in my local one Monday when he played for us, only about half a dozen bods in there, sat with him for a few pints, he stood his round much to his insistence, even went with him to another couple of boozers. He seemed troubled but a perfect gentleman at all times, completely random evening that will live with me for life

Just went to your hooligan thread only to see the shutters had been pulled down. Did think about getting the bolt croppers out, so I could share with you all my fond memories of my C - Crew days, but alas, it seems the self - righteous have had a say, and you know what they're like when that get going, such is their "disgust" at such shenanigans. I'm sensing a yellow card for this post. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just went to your hooligan thread only to see the shutters had been pulled down. Did think about getting the bolt croppers out, so I could share with you all my fond memories of my C - Crew days, but alas, it seems the self - righteous have had a say, and you know what they're like when that get going, such is their "disgust" at such shenanigans. I'm sensing a yellow card for this post. 

For what it’s worth I would have to loved to have heard some stories.

edit: keeping on topic. What does Paul McGrath do these days? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For what it’s worth I would have to loved to have heard some stories.

edit: keeping on topic. What does Paul McGrath do these days? 

Fair play, but it is what it is, to use a cliche. 

As for Paul he's rather busy deciding who comes in and who has to take the plunge. Apparently, Villa fans have immunity, so that's something to look forward to. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Stephen_Evans said:

Why don’t the Villa fans do that version of the  “Villa, Villa” chant anymore? It’s sensational!

There are a lot of great songs we don't do anymore.  We must have the narrowest selection in football. 

People seem to get fixated on one song.  It was all HOEITS until Ole Ole came along. 

Try to sing anything else and people look at you like you're weird. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There are a lot of great songs we don't do anymore.  We must have the narrowest selection in football. 

People seem to get fixated on one song.  It was all HOEITS until Ole Ole came along. 

Try to sing anything else and people look at you like you're weird. 

Shame eh! “We all agree, Aston Villa are magic....”

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Ahhh. I truly believed as an 11 year old boy we're going to win the league. But we ran out of steam in the end. It's the following season which is typically Villa in the last 80 seasons or so - we just don't build upon it. 

Paul McGrath. Says it all really.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Gotta love a great away day. 

Remember going there first game of the season without a ticket and a load of Villa fans got locked in a warehouse by the police during the game and then shipped back to New Street due to the sheer numbers that had travelled

34 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I wonder how much Paul McGrath would be worth today.... such a wonderful player, the best I've seen in our colours.

I sometimes wonder if he ever would have ended up with us if his time had have been now. What with all the help there is in the game now.

LEGEND.

Â