• Gareth Barry
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Gavin McCann
    • Nolberto Solano
    • Thomas Hitzlsperger
    • Ulises de la Cruz
    • Steve Davis
    • Other (specify)

Nobby Solano, has been quality throughout the season and without his goals we would have been seriously struggling...

Hard to choose anyone else really, Mellberg has been a rock but not his best due to being having too many different defensive partners. Steve Davis would get the best youth player... Hendrie had the spark in the early season but faded out... Delaney wouldn't get it for too much moaning about contracts and missing alot through injuries... Barry has shown form only after christmas... Hitz, who I thought was going to be the most improved player this season has hardly improved...UDLC has done ok. McCann has missed too much to injury...

fookin 'ell. This is a very difficult one to call.

almost all of the players on this list have had a worse season this time than last. Nobody has really shined and whilst some players have had good spells, none of them have performed consistently well.

I'm gonna go for Davis again, from this list, with an honourable mention for Barry for the 2nd half of the season. Solano does ok at home, but can't seem to play well away. Hendrie played OK for the first bit of the season but nothing since .....

I voted for GB. It was a close call. Gav was the best player up till Xmas time, but having missed 4 months of the season, I rules him out. L'il lee has had a good season, but the needless bookings and sending off mean that GB got my vote - he was way below par up to his injury, but since then he has been our most consistent player, his attitude is tremendous and despite some numpty abuse about "fat" "lazy" etc which is complete rubbish, he didn't let it get to him and has stood up to be counted in games where others have faded.

The biggest disappointments after last year have been Olly, JPA, JLloyd and to a lesser degree Nobby.

I've gone for Hendrie, he scored some important goals for us early on and even though the goals have dried up he's still been putting in the effort of 3 men every game...someone has to make up for Angel and Samuel going AWOL i guess...

1. Nobby

2. Barry

3. GMac

4. UDLC (for the fact that at times he was only man on the park making any effort)

5. Davis or Hendrie

Excellent choice Mr Pig. Great minds and all that ......

Â