Robert Duverne

SikhInTrinity

I have an issue with the work OFF the ball to date.

most of the time the player with the ball needs a sat nav to know where to put it.....if that's not a willingness to work problem, then I don't know what it is.....it could be other things, but you expect a pro footballer playing in the top league to know where to go, so I assume they are reluctant to make the move.

I suppose forwards would be the best way to go with the ball, mind you i'm just a fan.....

4x4s incoming.

gabby kids ??

hehehe. 4 minutes of 80-95% of your Max heart rate workout followed by 4 minutes of 70% heart rate workout. Done 4 times in a row. Very effective way to improve your fitness.

Except it really does. You have to be extremely dedicated to fitness to look that good with your top off. Trust me, I've tried.

Unless you are suggesting that you somehow have inside knowledge with regards his attitude to training your accusation has no basis in evidence and you are now backpedaling rather than holding your hands up and saying fair enough, maybe I'm wrong.

The stereotype of the "British attitude" is completely outdated. It's proper 80's.

I wonder why people still think that.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3124002/Aston-Villa-starlet-Jack-Grealish-pictured-sprawled-road-holiday-Tenerife.html

Last year Nicholas Bendtner got drunk and rubbed his cock against a taxi. During the season. He was 26 at the time.

He must have been really drunk to mistake a taxi for a woman?!

• Like 1

Being in shape doesn't mean that you're good at handling being told what to do. That picture has nothing to do with anything.

Except it really does. You have to be extremely dedicated to fitness to look that good with your top off. Trust me, I've tried.

Unless you are suggesting that you somehow have inside knowledge with regards his attitude to training your accusation has no basis in evidence and you are now backpedaling rather than holding your hands up and saying fair enough, maybe I'm wrong.

The stereotype of the "British attitude" is completely outdated. It's proper 80's.

It doesn't whatsoever - there's no doubt that it requires dedication to be in that sort of shape but it literally has nothing to with your ability to handle direct orders. 

Being in shape doesn't mean that you're good at handling being told what to do. That picture has nothing to do with anything. 

It doesn't whatsoever - there's no doubt that it requires dedication to be in that sort of shape but it literally has nothing to with your ability to handle direct orders. 

I was answering the "it has nothing to do with anything" part of your post. My fault, I should have been clearer on that.

You still didn't answer, what makes you think that Richards is anything less than a consummate professional and what does being British have to do with that?

I can't speak for Lexi, but the generalisation comes from the understanding that there is a "drink (and drugs) culture" surrounding British players.

It may well be more than just British players, but they seem to be involved (or recorded) more than others:

• Paul McGrath
  • Paul Merson
  • Lee Hendrie
  • James Collins and Richard Dunne
  • James Collins and Chris Herd
  • Jack Grealish

to name some of the more recent Villa examples.

Last year Nicholas Bendtner got drunk and rubbed his cock against a taxi. During the season. He was 26 at the time.

looking at some of the "Fag-ash Lil's" that go out on the town, I think a gleaming black cab would be more of a turn on for some

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

I have an issue with the work OFF the ball to date.

most of the time the player with the ball needs a sat nav to know where to put it.....if that's not a willingness to work problem, then I don't know what it is.....it could be other things, but you expect a pro footballer playing in the top league to know where to go, so I assume they are reluctant to make the move.

That is first and foremost a tactical issue. I think there are definitely fitness issues too, but it is wrong to expect them to be able to do things that are not capable of doing.

You simply can't argue with lactic acid. It doesn't give a **** how "dedicated" you are.

well it's more than one issue really isn't it......tactics is one, individual awareness is another and the willingness to work and make the run.

i would have thought that movement off the ball is pretty fundamental....if you are not capable of that a big question mark exists.

most of the problems we have are not singular, they are multiple.

Of course. But if they don't have it in their legs they simply don't have it. It doesn't matter how much they will it. It doesn't have to be an endurance thing either, it could be a sprint recovery issue. As you correctly say it is likely to be a multitude of issues, there is very little empirical evidence to suggest that they simply can't be arsed. In fact, that they made it as far as premier league football would suggest that for the main part they are driven, or at least that they have that drive in them somewhere.

They need coaching and they need a tactical framework in which to display that coaching. Only really then can we really start weeding out the individuals who don't "fit". One or two exceptions granted.

good response.....it will be interesting to see, moving forward.

i am not going to pretend I know the answers or even the "best" team for that matter.....but I constantly see individual errors that exist week in and week out, from different players which usually result in us conceding.....our level of punished errors are at a all time high for me.

i agree that to reach that level there must have been some drive in their career at some stage.....but maybe it has disappeared with some.

i can only speculate what is wrong with us......lets hope Remi can fix it.

• Like 1

For me the fitness thing is a major part of the current problems we have.

When you get fatigued, your concentration drops, you start making mistakes etc. 

If you can at least match your opponent's fitness then you don't concede silly goals late on.

If you can be fitter than your opponent you can be the one forcing the mistakes and winning or drawing late in games.

For me the fitness thing is a major part of the current problems we have.

When you get fatigued, your concentration drops, you start making mistakes etc. 

If you can at least match your opponent's fitness then you don't concede silly goals late on.

If you can be fitter than your opponent you can be the one forcing the mistakes and winning or drawing late in games.

I agree with that but I'd add in general organisation as well.

I really do get the impression that Sherwood just sent the team out to play, a la Redknapp.
That works to an extent when you have a team of good players or you're riding a confidence high like we were last season (for a bit)

But we need the players to be drilled beyond belief. Combine that with the fitness to do it for a game and you'll cut out half the stupid goals we concede.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3124002/Aston-Villa-starlet-Jack-Grealish-pictured-sprawled-road-holiday-Tenerife.html

could you say " call me a taxi...cock"

• Like 1

No, because that's rubbish.

No, because that's rubbish.

you cruel man.

• Like 2

LMFAO!!!!

Â