Robert Duverne

SikhInTrinity

It's almost like we're going back to what we tried to do under Houllier - hopefully it'll work this time but I'm concerned about the possibility of negative attitudes from some of our more laid back British players like Gabby, Richards and Lescott. 

richardsDM0509_468x803.jpg

Tsk. Lazy British players eh.

Sort yourself out chubby.

• Like 2

I have an issue with the work OFF the ball to date.

most of the time the player with the ball needs a sat nav to know where to put it.....if that's not a willingness to work problem, then I don't know what it is.....it could be other things, but you expect a pro footballer playing in the top league to know where to go, so I assume they are reluctant to make the move.

• Like 3

Being in shape doesn't mean that you're good at handling being told what to do. That picture has nothing to do with anything.

Except it really does. You have to be extremely dedicated to fitness to look that good with your top off. Trust me, I've tried.

Unless you are suggesting that you somehow have inside knowledge with regards his attitude to training your accusation has no basis in evidence and you are now backpedaling rather than holding your hands up and saying fair enough, maybe I'm wrong.

The stereotype of the "British attitude" is completely outdated. It's proper 80's.

• Like 4

most of the time the player with the ball needs a sat nav to know where to put it.....if that's not a willingness to work problem, then I don't know what it is.....it could be other things, but you expect a pro footballer playing in the top league to know where to go, so I assume they are reluctant to make the move.

That is first and foremost a tactical issue. I think there are definitely fitness issues too, but it is wrong to expect them to be able to do things that are not capable of doing.

You simply can't argue with lactic acid. It doesn't give a **** how "dedicated" you are.

That is first and foremost a tactical issue. I think there are definitely fitness issues too, but it is wrong to expect them to be able to do things that are not capable of doing.

You simply can't argue with lactic acid. It doesn't give a **** how "dedicated" you are.

well it's more than one issue really isn't it......tactics is one, individual awareness is another and the willingness to work and make the run.

i would have thought that movement off the ball is pretty fundamental....if you are not capable of that a big question mark exists.

most of the problems we have are not singular, they are multiple.

It makes you laugh how some fans worry about the negative affect Duverne will have on some players.  We have a mainly youthful squad who should enjoy it if not they haven't done anything to warrant moaning so tough luck. As for the older ones? Well you don't win loafs of stuff by not doing as your told and working hard which leaves us with Gabby. Well if he moans will anybody care? He either knuckles down or leaves simple as that. He isn't good enough for us to pander to him. 

well it's more than one issue really isn't it......tactics is one, individual awareness is another and the willingness to work and make the run.

i would have thought that movement off the ball is pretty fundamental....if you are not capable of that a big question mark exists.

most of the problems we have are not singular, they are multiple.

Of course. But if they don't have it in their legs they simply don't have it. It doesn't matter how much they will it. It doesn't have to be an endurance thing either, it could be a sprint recovery issue. As you correctly say it is likely to be a multitude of issues, there is very little empirical evidence to suggest that they simply can't be arsed. In fact, that they made it as far as premier league football would suggest that for the main part they are driven, or at least that they have that drive in them somewhere.

They need coaching and they need a tactical framework in which to display that coaching. Only really then can we really start weeding out the individuals who don't "fit". One or two exceptions granted.

• Like 1

Richards is a poser. Got chased out of city, and couldn't get a game at Fiorentina. Of course, Villa to the rescue...

Robert: Pretty please, makes our entire squad suffer. Drill the professional athlete part of being a Villa squad member into their thick skulls. 

Edited by villakram

Except it really does. You have to be extremely dedicated to fitness to look that good with your top off. Trust me, I've tried.

Unless you are suggesting that you somehow have inside knowledge with regards his attitude to training your accusation has no basis in evidence and you are now backpedaling rather than holding your hands up and saying fair enough, maybe I'm wrong.

The stereotype of the "British attitude" is completely outdated. It's proper 80's.

I wonder why people still think that.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3124002/Aston-Villa-starlet-Jack-Grealish-pictured-sprawled-road-holiday-Tenerife.html

I wonder why people still think that.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3124002/Aston-Villa-starlet-Jack-Grealish-pictured-sprawled-road-holiday-Tenerife.html

Last year Nicholas Bendtner got drunk and rubbed his cock against a taxi. During the season. He was 26 at the time.

• Like 2

It makes you laugh how some fans worry about the negative affect Duverne will have on some players.  We have a mainly youthful squad who should enjoy it if not they haven't done anything to warrant moaning so tough luck. As for the older ones? Well you don't win loafs of stuff by not doing as your told and working hard which leaves us with Gabby. Well if he moans will anybody care? He either knuckles down or leaves simple as that. He isn't good enough for us to pander to him. 

Hopefully the squad will be receptive as last time he came in half of them went into mutiny, we had a ridiculous number of injuries at the same time (which could happen again if the bodies are weak) which resulted us winning two games over three months and nearly relegating us until we signed Bent.

Hopefully the squad will be receptive as last time he came in half of them went into mutiny, we had a ridiculous number of injuries at the same time (which could happen again if the bodies are weak) which resulted us winning two games over three months and nearly relegating us until we signed Bent.

I imagine that was more to do with the fact we had a couple of injury-prone cart-horses at the back like Dunne and Collins and less to do with Duverne. Infact, the amount of injuries we've had over the past couple of seasons doesn't strike too differently to that season in all honesty.

I remember Petrov commenting that the level of fitness he got the players up to was exceptional - I'll take any positives at the moment

No that season was incredible...November 2010 we had in midfield Petrov, NRC and Sidwell all out at the same time so we had to play Bannan and Hogg as central midfield for a while and also upfront Gabby, Heskey and Carew all got injured so it was the Fonz on his own for a few games.

I imagine that was more to do with the fact we had a couple of injury-prone cart-horses at the back like Dunne and Collins and less to do with Duverne. Infact, the amount of injuries we've had over the past couple of seasons doesn't strike too differently to that season in all honesty.

I remember Petrov commenting that the level of fitness he got the players up to was exceptional - I'll take any positives at the moment

that's it exactly some of the older ones moaned as they were expected to graft. Proper pro's like Stan and even Luke Young loved it. And just for reference this lot have won 1 in 4 months and seem to run out of steam and concede late on a lot so we are desperate for someone to get them fit! 

Â