Robert Duverne

SikhInTrinity

Brilliant news ..... we only have half a dozen players who can last a game. Most start fading after ten minutes and are completely knackered by 60 minutes.

Gabby can either do one or - hopefully - knuckle down and get back the fitness he needs because he looks like a fat **** and plays like a fat **** ..... would love to see him shed some pounds and rediscover the pace that commentators still talk about but which went missing years ago ! 

PS: Perfectly summed up by KMac declaring Traore is "fatigued" when he's only played about half an hour in the entire season so far and spent most of that on his ass !!!

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

If Paul McGrath was asked to train harder and refused due to he knew his body, would he have been a disgrace?

Yes but you are the one presuming this thing about their physical limit. Collins was 27 at the time.

My point is more about Dunne, but being 27 doesn't mean he doesn't have limits. What ever was introduced and how it was introduced last time didn't work. Hopefully it has a more positive effect under Garde.

Brilliant news ..... we only have half a dozen players who can last a game. Most start fading after ten minutes and are completely knackered by 60 minutes.

Gabby can either do one or - hopefully - knuckle down and get back the fitness he needs because he looks like a fat **** and plays like a fat **** ..... would love to see him shed some pounds and rediscover the pace that commentators still talk about but which went missing years ago ! 

To be fair to Gabby he's possibly been suffering from Couvade syndrome (sympathetic pregnancy) for the last couple of years.

Would explain a lot

• Like 2

When a team is languishing at the bottom of the league, there is usually a very good reason....I have felt for some time that BMH could actually be,BHC....Butlins Holiday Camp.

They can't last a game and the miles covered stats are embarrassing, contrary to what some think, this team don't work....their running off the ball is lazy.

i was expecting big things from the new BMH....it seems we did better with the old set up.....perhaps they thought the new training ground would do it for them

welcome Robert kick some ass.....you can't make it worse than it is.....rattle the cage as much as you like or they will get you sacked, get in first.

• Like 1

If Paul McGrath was asked to train harder and refused due to he knew his body, would he have been a disgrace?

Yes but you are the one presuming this thing about their physical limit. Collins was 27 at the time.

My point is more about Dunne, but being 27 doesn't mean he doesn't have limits. What ever was introduced and how it was introduced last time didn't work. Hopefully it has a more positive effect under Garde.

McGrath had dodgy knees test needed resting Dunne was a tank that couldn't be bothered. It did actually work eventually and would've worked sooner if the older pro's led by Dunne bought into it!! Luckily this time it's a mainly youthful squad he could reap the benefits. 

• Like 1

Let's hope it (his appointment) is good news. Let's hope it doesn't cause more problems than it intends to solve.

I don't see it causing any issues. When he was here previously as has been alluded to there were perhaps a number of disruptive influences too set in their ways.

The narrative was that it was just that and nothing else. God knows what it was. I don't know and I don't care now.

If he works out then great. If he doesn't then I'll be a tad annoyed.

I'm certainly not going to get involved with the 'god knows we've just got to make the workshy bastards train harder' clamour.

• Like 1

Collins has never been 27 years old in his life.

• Like 3

At the end of last season we had Delph and Cleverley closing down everything that moved. We lack those types of players at the moment apart from Gana, who tires late in games so the coaching team will have to work hard on the others.

Okay, he has limits because he's human, but the guy's still playing top-flight football more than half a decade later, having played for tough fitness-first managers like Allardyce, I really don't think he was close to breaking point. 

I remember sad but specific things about Duverne, he was very regimented in the pre-match warm ups, no-one was pissing about. Our recent coaches have been lax to the point some of the players don't even bother with the warm ups and I've always compared it to when Duverne was here, he expects high standards and rightfully so. I think the two week break for us has come at the right time for Garde and coaches.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 2

I remember sad but specific things about Duverne, he was very regimented in the pre-match warm ups, no-one was pissing about. Our recent coaches have been lax to the point some of the players don't even bother with the warm ups and I've always compared it to when Duverne was here, he expects high standards and rightfully so. I think the two week break for us has come at the right time for Garde and coaches.

hallelujah.....I have felt discipline has been one of our downfalls.....it focuses the mind too.

Edited by TRO

It's almost like we're going back to what we tried to do under Houllier - hopefully it'll work this time but I'm concerned about the possibility of negative attitudes from some of our more laid back British players like Gabby, Richards and Lescott. 

Being a professional athlete is about going past that limit, to be the best you can. It's no good after a few months saying it's too hard, its not good enough.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

Â