Robert Duverne

SikhInTrinity

I would imagine whilst he was watching the game yesterday Garde had the same views that many others (like myself) have regarding fitness. They just aren't fit enough to close down and win the ball back. Would not surprise me if we he went through a pre-season regime, he did it last time he was here in March and in my opinion it paid off.

• Like 1

I would imagine whilst he was watching the game yesterday Garde had the same views that many others (like myself) have regarding fitness. They just aren't fit enough to close down and win the ball back. Would not surprise me if we he went through a pre-season regime, he did it last time he was here in March and in my opinion it paid off.

I specifically remember the game against West Ham, NRC looked like a man possessed at times, the amount of running the players did was massive, think the French guys will be used to the work anyway.

Such a basic fact to have the players as fit as possible using all the technology available to do so. Great news to get a proper fitness coach in that knows his stuff.

Fun side note

On (my) Football Manager 15 he's renamed to Jacinto Dyakov (guess he's not keen on being part of the game)

Good stats thou:

Fitness 20

Working with youngsters 15

Determination 15

• Like 2

I always thought it was a bit daft what happened with them. Dunne and Collins are two experienced players who performed brilliantly the season before. I think with some players, especially older ones, they know they're bodies they know what to do. Houllier and his back room staff really managed to destroy what was a solid defence in a short time. 

Hopefully him returning with Garde will have a more positive effect this time round.

I always thought it was a bit daft what happened with them. Dunne and Collins are two experienced players who performed brilliantly the season before. I think with some players, especially older ones, they know they're bodies they know what to do. Houllier and his back room staff really managed to destroy what was a solid defence in a short time. 

Hopefully him returning with Garde will have a more positive effect this time round.

To be honest, I think their defensive performance in 09/10 was just a fluke. It's not even like that defence was amazing the entire season but more like two thirds of it. I think Milner has to take a lot of the credit.

If Paul McGrath was asked to train harder and refused due to he knew his body, would he have been a disgrace?

Yes but you are the one presuming this thing about their physical limit. Collins was 27 at the time.

Â