Robert Duverne

SikhInTrinity

Following the announcement of the signing of Remi Garde Aston Villa until 2019, FC Metz announced Tuesday afternoon that Robert Duverne would follow the same path, an agreement was found for the release of his commitment . "When Robert had joined us in August 2014, I gave him my word that we would leave from if he were to receive a proposal for a Premier League club to be part of the technical staff of Remi Garde. The conditions of that promise being fulfilled now, and a word is a word, we will end by mutual agreement of the contract that binds us (...) FC Metz thank Robert Duverne for services for over a year and wish him success in his new British adventure, "said Bernard Serin, Chairman of FC Metz. To replace him, the Lorraine club had signed this summer Smeets Bernard as second assistant to head coach José Riga.

http://www.foot01.com/foot-europeen/angleterre/duverne-quitte-metz-et-rejoint-remi-garde-a-aston-villa,191765 

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367156/French-fitness-coach-Robert-Duverne-centre-Aston-Villa-row.html

Robert Duverne has been named as the man at the centre of Aston Villa's infighting as defensive duo James Collins and Richard Dunne are set to discover the extent of their punishment for being involved in a row with coaching staff during a team bonding day.

The French fitness coach was caught up in the storm of France's bitter 2010 World Cup fallout after his bust-up with Patrice Evra in South Africa last summer.

And it understood the 43-year-old, who arrived at Villa Park when Gerard Houllier took charge earlier this season, came under extraordinary criticism from Dunne over his strict training methods during a alcohol-fuelled rant during a meal at the luxury Champney's Spa resort in Leicestershire.

The pair also allegedly launched a verbal attack on boss Houllier and other members of the club's coaching staff, which is said to have disappointed most of their stunned team-mates.

'Many of the squad are happy with how Duverne has improved their fitness and match sharpness,' a source close to the club, told The Sun.

'But some of the other players have complained continuously about extra runs at the end of sessions and gruelling tasks within the season.

'Dunne and some other senior players do not understand why they are doing pre-season style fitness work in March.'

Tables were also said to have been damaged during the incident. But coach Gordon Cowans, who was present, must submit a statement as part of the club’s disciplinary procedure before he can comment.

Dunne and Collins have had to explain their actions at club disciplinary panels during the past 48 hours.

Villa could hand out the maximum fine allowed of two weeks wages if they feel the actions of Collins and Dunne merit such stiff action.

Dunne, signed from Manchester City just over 18 months ago, had a training ground altercation with Houllier's number two, Gary McAllister, before Christmas.

He is currently recovering from a dislocated shoulder which will rule him out of Saturday's home Barclays Premier League meeting with Wolves.

Houllier will be hoping Collins is available after a calf problem as Ciaran Clark is suspended after incurring 10 bookings for the campaign.

The fitness coach of FC Metz prepares to join the Premier League club.

Initially linked to the end of the current season, Robert Duverne and FC Metz will indeed prematurely end their collaboration.

"When Robert had joined us in August 2014, says Bernard Serin, I gave him my word that we would let go if he were to receive a proposal for a Premier League club to be part of the technical staff of Remi Garde. The conditions of that promise being fulfilled now, and a word is a word, we will end by mutual agreement the contract between us."

Indeed, Remi Garde joined the English club Aston Villa and would be accompanied particularly that which was his physical trainer at Olympique Lyonnais. Anticipating this possibility, FC Metz had recruited this summer Smeets Bernard as second assistant to head coach José Riga.

The Belgian has indeed including physical trainer skills and therefore incorporates this week the vacancy left by Robert Duverne. FC Metz thank Robert Duverne for services for over a year and wish him much success in his new British adventure.

http://www.fcmetz.com/2015-2016/actualites/equipe-pro/robert-duverne-vers-aston-villa

Confirmed by Metz

Edited by samjp26

From what I've read, Garde is a fan of the high energy pressing game, so this bloke would be an essential component of getting players into condition to make this happen.

It spells trouble for some of the players like Richardson who have trouble running games out.

• Like 2

From what I've read, Garde is a fan of the high energy pressing game, so this bloke would be an essential component of getting players into condition to make this happen.

It spells trouble for some of the players like Richardson who have trouble running out for games.

fixed

Good news.

It's not sexy or pretty football, but if we can get the team working hard as well as being organised, I think that's worth points on it's own.

No more of this "just facking go out there and play you slags"

What we need is a team full of Ayews and Ganas. Just getting those two fit enough to play a full 90 every week would be a good enough start.

Perhaps now "they'll be fit enough for a Tim Sherwood side". Or maybe they need another **** pre-season, this will be their 3rd?

Good news....I remember GH saying that Duverne used a lot of ball/technique work in his fitness programmes plus the difference between now and before is that we have actually got some good technical players compared with MON's long ball cast offs.

Â