Mike Dean

Spoony

I'm sorry but that hilarious.

Best ref we had this season. Didn't let us get fouled into next week with no punishment at Forest.

His antics are totally ridiculous, but he makes Bournemouth v Burnley watchable.

I'll probably start to dislike him again if we go up and have him more often.

9 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Even celebrating in a crowd he makes it all about himself.

Agree with the above though, he was great against a filthy Forest side trying to ref the game for him. Seen it so many times at this level home fans and players reffing the game for them.

• Like 1

I think he's box office myself. I guess your opinion on him depends on whether referees should be seen and not heard, I've learned to take him at face value. He doesn't distract from the game, he adds to it and as Steve says he's also good at his job. 

Whenever you see videos of a flamboyant ref on the continent floating around on social media, everyone loves off it. When it comes to Mike Dean, they aint having it for some reason. 

I blame sky in part for the propulsion of referees in to the limelight, along with the FA etc for making them full time.

The likes of Dean, the fast tracked Michael Oliver, Jeff Winter (he who was a Middlesbrough hoolie) and the obnoxious Uriah Rennie really believe they're up there with the overpaid prima donna players. 

Every now and then i wistfully watch games on YouTube esp from our glory days of early 80s where for me, the game was just great and the only really recollection of the official would be that he's from Great Bookham, used to be a butcher from Wolverhampton or a welsh bloke who blew his whistle as brazil were taking a corner.......and that was all i really needed or wanted to know about them.

Now, they're part of the Sky circus 🙄

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I blame sky in part for the propulsion of referees in to the limelight, along with the FA etc for making them full time.

The likes of Dean, the fast tracked Michael Oliver, Jeff Winter (he who was a Middlesbrough hoolie) and the obnoxious Uriah Rennie really believe they're up there with the overpaid prima donna players. 

Every now and then i wistfully watch games on YouTube esp from our glory days of early 80s where for me, the game was just great and the only really recollection of the official would be that he's from Great Bookham, used to be a butcher from Wolverhampton or a welsh bloke who blew his whistle as brazil were taking a corner.......and that was all i really needed or wanted to know about them.

Now, they're part of the Sky circus 🙄

Yes Yes! Football, Britain, the world is going to the dogs. Rosy retrospective nonsense. Reads like you’re suffering from a healthy dose of declinism.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
And I love it!! 😂

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Nobody is as bad as Clattenburg

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nothing wrong with that. He can celebrate how he wants to. 

He's a 50yo man acting like a 12yo boy.

Look at me, look at me, look at meeeeee!

/miserable old git

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This really made me laugh. A big name rap producer, called Mike Dean, who's produced for Kanye and Jay-Z getting wound up with people tagging him on Twitter (probably purposely rather than accidentally for the most part) complaining about his refereeing 😂

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mike-dean-confuses-twitter-users-referee-1936473

This article is from 2017, and so the tweets in it are a few years old, but a quick look and you can he's still getting wound up to this day by it 😂

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2019 at 23:57, Tomaszk said:

I'm sorry but that hilarious.

Best ref we had this season. Didn't let us get fouled into next week with no punishment at Forest.

His antics are totally ridiculous, but he makes Bournemouth v Burnley watchable.

I'll probably start to dislike him again if we go up and have him more often.

Since we came up he has been essily the best of a bad bunch of referees in the league

Â