Mike Dean

Spoony

Shouldn't more be made of the fact Mike Dean was quite clearly celebrating a Tottenham goal and the fact he has done it before??? I'm surprised this hasn't got any press. He should not be refereeing Spurs games and should definitely be investigated for that.

• Like 1

ignoring the celebration, I've just watched the incident with Westwood and Dembele again, what sort of inept referee doesn't stop the game for an obvious head injury? And how is that not deemed dangerous play by Dembele to throw your elbows up like that in protecting the ball?

• Like 2

I can understand not penalising Dembele. I don't think it was deliberate.

But I can't understand not stopping the play. At first I assumed Westwood must have been milking it and Dean knew that he was so was playing on.

But he quite clearly wasn't. Dean is a fool.

• Like 2

Referees are weird, they want their advantage calls to result in goals as some kind of vindication that it was the right decision, and then some of them celebrate a bit too much. There's nothing in that, I don't think. It's just odd that they need more validation than just getting something right.

But to be yards away from an incident that led to a concussion, with the best view in the stadium, and to ignore his responsibility to stop the play - that's scandalous.

I agree with Stevo on Dembele. I think the swinging arm looks much worse in slow-motion than it did at the time.

• Like 2

It was even more disgusting when later on, Harry Kane fell on his back and was down for a few seconds holding it. You could see the concern so clearly on Deans face and pretty much helped him up back to his feet yet when Westwood was down with a head injury he lets play continue? Absolute joke. 

Dean I assumed was celebrating the fact that he let play go on rather than blowing too early for the foul .. and was celebrating to himself that he'd got it right 

Westwood' injury he had a great view and can be seen shouting something along the lines of No foul  or something  ...It didn't look bad and I thought Westwood was milking it   ... it should be noted that after Westwood didn't get up we won the ball back and carried on playing as well , before inevitably giving it away again  ... and then Clark booted it into the crowd

The reply appeared to show it to be more of a forearm smash than a gentle brush off  but I don't know if it was intentional or accident as they both climbed a little over each other

thought I should clarify my position on Dembele, I didn't think for a second it was on purpose just that it can be dangerous to hold off a player by putting your arms up that high, I thought a quiet word with him should have been appropriate. Ignoring a blatant head injury like that was not just bad refereeing but putting the safety of the player in danger. awful.

Dean I assumed was celebrating the fact that he let play go on rather than blowing too early for the foul .. and was celebrating to himself that he'd got it right 

Westwood' injury he had a great view and can be seen shouting something along the lines of No foul  or something  ...It didn't look bad and I thought Westwood was milking it   ... it should be noted that after Westwood didn't get up we won the ball back and carried on playing as well , before inevitably giving it away again  ... and then Clark booted it into the crowd

The reply appeared to show it to be more of a forearm smash than a gentle brush off  but I don't know if it was intentional or accident as they both climbed a little over each other

He's done it twice before. In Spurs games. It's a big coincidence, and even if it's innocent it's **** unprofessional at best.

It doesn't matter what we did. Head injuries stop the game.

It's not actually a rule I agree with. I've said over and over that physios should be allowed on as soon as there's an injury and the game continue around them. but as it stands, the "rule" is that a head injury stops the game. Dean was right on the spot for that incident, it's really poor refereeing that he let it go on so long.

• Like 1

I can confirm what you all probably suspect already, and that is Mike Dean is a bit of a you know what. A few of my friends have played in charity days at the local golf club which organises rounds of golf with sports personalities etc. The first year they had Sean Dyche, and my friends said that Dyche was brilliant and great fun with lots of great tales to tell and joined them in the bar afterwards for a customary beverage or two. Last time out they had the misfortune of getting Mike Dean as their personality. They said he was very closed, and wouldn't talk about anything during the round of golf, and to top things off at the end of the round he jumped in his car and legged it without saying anything. This was after saying that he would be joing them in the bar after packing his gear into the car, and that he would have a beer of some description.

Another of my friends is an amateur level referee, and knows a few of the referee's notably Anthony Taylor whom is his mentor. He also confirms that Mike Dean is a bit of a ........

Â