Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

What's with the crespo hate? I think he's looked pretty decent from what i've seen of him

No hate, I just haven't seen enough of him at CB to be confident in his abilities to nullify Man City's attack.

In other news, I dreamt (or had a nightmare?) last night that Garde played Agbonlahor upfront on his own. 

There is no group of XI players I could write here that would obviously be good enough to beat Man City, so I hope people don't jump on Garde's back for his team selection today. This is a freebie, and he's seen the players for less than a week. Whatever he sees today is useful data going forward. Let's get behind the team whoever he picks (and yes, that includes if he picks N'Zogbia over Gil, or Richardson over Amavi). 

There is no group of XI players I could write here that would obviously be good enough to beat Man City, so I hope people don't jump on Garde's back for his team selection today. This is a freebie, and he's seen the players for less than a week. Whatever he sees today is useful data going forward. Let's get behind the team whoever he picks (and yes, that includes if he picks N'Zogbia over Gil, or Richardson over Amavi). 

So a man who's paid millions is allowed a 'freebie'? So when I'm sitting in the stands after shelling out £60 on tickets and we're 4-0 because we haven't picked our best players, I'll just turn to my lad and say 'don't worry mate, it's just a freebie'.

Ill be fully behind our new manager but there is absolutely no excuse for picking the wrong players. I'll be really pissed off if we see anything like the last two starting XI's.

Up the villa. 

• Like 2

It's first versus twentieth, in our new manager's first game. I don't care if he abandons having a keeper, and plays 4-4-3 if he thinks it'll tell him more about the players in preparation for more important fixtures.

So a man who's paid millions is allowed a 'freebie'? So when I'm sitting in the stands after shelling out £60 on tickets and we're 4-0 because we haven't picked our best players, I'll just turn to my lad and say 'don't worry mate, it's just a freebie'.

Ill be fully behind our new manager but there is absolutely no excuse for picking the wrong players. I'll be really pissed off if we see anything like the last two starting XI's.

Up the villa. 

So you expect him to know exactly his best XI after taking what, three days of training? 

Just so long as expectations are reasonable then :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and btw, give me a break with the whole 'I've paid £60 and I demand to be ENTERTAINED' bullshit. Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to buy a ticket to Man City at home. If you want to see a winning teamsheet every week, get a season ticket at the Etihad. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1