maqroll

I'd like to see

-----------------------Guzan-------------------

(unfortunately no other option

-------Richards----Crespo----Clark-------

Bacuna---------------------------------Amavi

will a rolling back four adding Bacuna as a RB when Amavi gets forward

Amavi as a LB when Bacuna gets forward

then we can defend as a back 5 when under pressure with little space for ManC to manouver through our backline

-------------Sanchez----Gana---------------

2 holders  (Westwood or Gardner subbing Sanchez @ 60mins)

-----Gil---------------Grealish/Sinclair------

JG/SS either one subbing the other if not doing too well

(with a back 3 & Bacuna+Amavi as Full/Wing backs we could risk Gil & Grealish having less defensive responsibilities (Sinclair being the only one from those 3 who can track a bit)

---------------------Ayew-----------------------

Gestede/Kozak as options to lump it for a goal or a break from the onslaught

Bench from

GK(?) Hutton (RB) ? (CB) ? (LB)

Gardner Westwood Vertout (MF)

Grealish/Sinclair (AMF)

Gestede Kozak (CF)

(Sub for Garde if it's not working = Fergie - he hates Citeh) + lots of "Fergie-Time" till we're Back level from being 0-4 down after 70mins)

Disclaimer - That last bit was a bit of "Brummie/AVFCunderRandyLerner humour"

I tried reading this, I really did. All I learned was Gestede Kozak CF is probably a second division Spanish side.

I stopped at the overly complicated defence.

Just pick a good back four and stick with it. No need to start farting around with intricate shit at the back until we can do the basics right.

sorry , and not wishing to come across unfriendly but

our problems since McL's philosophy of

Plan A = Defend

Plan B = Defend more

Is if we had a Plan A there was no Plan B as for Plan C whats that anyway

We need some flexibilty in our set up/s and something about us up front

we dont have a Drogba or Ronaldo

(we had a Benteke)

We dont have a Bergkamp & Henry

so we need at least 3 that can do something up front with at least a foundation behind them not to have a halfwayhouse mentality (would love to but we cant really afford to be fully commited about being on the front foot)

if we keep going 0-1 down we need to adjust once to prevent 0-2 and adjust again to get to 1-1 2-1 (heaven forbid)

haven't we already had enough of " oh well 0-1 down -game over"?)

I completely agree. I was talking about a line up for Sunday (because that's the thread we are in)

Garde won't have had enough time with the players to try and play some super flexible 5 man/4 man hybrid defence against the best team in the country after 3 days of training.

• Like 1

I completely agree. I was talking about a line up for Sunday (because that's the thread we are in)

Garde won't have had enough time with the players to try and play some super flexible 5 man/4 man hybrid defence against the best team in the country after 3 days of training.

point taken

its a free hit and weve got to start sometime somewhere

for sunday we could just go

------------Guzan--&--Bunn----------------

Bacuna-Hutton- Richards-Crespo-Okore-Clark-Amavi

-------------------Sanchez-----------------

--------------Gaby(just to kick off)----------

Or, we could go something like

----------------Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

----------Sanchez Gana

-Gil----------Grealish-------Sinclair

--------------Ayew

And build from there. Garde seems like the kind of bloke who will decide on a system and devlop it though, so I trust him. I can't see him throwing darts at random formations pinned on the wall and choosing one like that last chap.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

-----------------Guzan---------

Bacuna-Richards-Clark-Amavi

----------------Sanchez----------

-----------Veretout--Gana-------

Gil-----------------------------Grealish

-----------------Ayew-----------------

Introduce Adama and maybe Rudy in the second half.

• Like 1

I don't know what to expect this Sunday but don't think we'll come out all guns blazing and destroy Citeh with a new style of football and wave of optimism. However, I would like to think, even with only a few days under new stewardship, we show a bit of character and give Garde something to build on (to be fair, the second half of the Spurs match wasn't too bad).

I also don't imagine we'll see many 'new' faces being included in this game, with players with match fitness getting the nod for now.

I think we'll have one eye on playing safe, whilst trying to retain possession.

I'd like to see:

.................Guzan

Hutton.Richards.Clark.Amavi

...............Sanchez

......Westwood......Gana

Gil............................Sinclair

................Ayew

The main thing is for the players to concentrate fully for the whole 90+ minutes and not let silly mistakes prove costly.

It's a shame Garde's first game in charge is against Man Citeh but in the same breath, no one is expecting anything from it either and at least we go straight into an Interntional break afterwards so Garde can assess the squad further.

• Like 1

2-2 , city played in Europe , best two players out, we have the boost of a new manager, new formation, different players. 

Its a good opportunity for us and we need to make a game of it from the kick off, let's not wait till were 1-0 down before we start to play with any aggression. Viva  la revolution .,...sorry about the French UTV

• Like 2

What are people basing Vertouts inclusion into our starting 11 on?

Not had nowhere near enough gametime.

1. Man city is a free hit. May as well play the most promising team even if they may not be fully proven.

2. Veretout has looked to have lots of potential and shown glimpses of being great in the few times he's played so far. He was very highly rated in France and may just need some game time.

First of all, in regards to Veretout not having enough game time, he never will if we don't play him? Also, I believe the reason why a lot of people want to see him play is because he was involved in something like 45% of his teams goals last season. On another note, I'm very surprised to see Sanchez in so many peoples teams. He makes a lot of mistakes and hasn't really offered much in past games, plus a lot of people slag him off in post match threads, do people believe the new manager will get something out of him? One more thing, is it just me or is anybody else certain that Westwood will be taking set pieces this weekend?

1. Man city is a free hit. May as well play the most promising team even if they may not be fully proven.

2. Veretout has looked to have lots of potential and shown glimpses of being great in the few times he's played so far. He was very highly rated in France and may just need some game time.

First of all, in regards to Veretout not having enough game time, he never will if we don't play him? Also, I believe the reason why a lot of people want to see him play is because he was involved in something like 45% of his teams goals last season. On another note, I'm very surprised to see Sanchez in so many peoples teams. He makes a lot of mistakes and hasn't really offered much in past games, plus a lot of people slag him off in post match threads, do people believe the new manager will get something out of him? One more thing, is it just me or is anybody else certain that Westwood will be taking set pieces this weekend?

When Gil is in the team he and Westwood seem to share responsibilities for set pieces.

Also, Westwood's appear to have improved since Sherwood left (although it was only one game given how early he went off vs Spurs)

I'd like to think I've all but guaranteed us getting a point simply by lumping heavily on a Citeh win.  It's what usually happens me.  I'm the reason we beat them 3-2 a few years back with a late Weimann winner. 

I'm  the same. Bet a fuckload on a nailed on cert to win, and half the players die on the pitch. We should coordinate our efforts. :P

• Like 1

Ha...no Aguero, possibly no Silva. What do we have to worry about?

De bruyne is on ridiculous form at the moment. Pretty much guarantee he scores one. Actually I'll make him my fantasy captain.  

Get Sanchez on him full time.  He's shown (for Colombia) he can do a really effective job in that role.

Sanchez can't play in a midfield two, I thought this was obvious. 

IMO we need to go with a midfield three of:

Sanchez

Westwood               Gana

Instruct Sanchez to pick up the ball and play a simple pass.

In fact I'd probably go with a diamond with Gil at the tip of it with Ayew up front alongside Gestede. 

• Like 1

When Gil is in the team he and Westwood seem to share responsibilities for set pieces.

Also, Westwood's appear to have improved since Sherwood left (although it was only one game given how early he went off vs Spurs)

I'd rather he didn't take any at all tbh. But I do see your point, he was driving them in with more purpose, rather than his usual floated ones.