maqroll

I'd like to see

Guzan

Hutton-Richards-Clark-Amavi

Sanchez

Veretout------------Gana

Gil

Ayew-Sinclair

You can say it lacks a centre forward, but tbh playing Gabby or Gestede there is often like playing without one anyway. Front 3 could switch positions and push wide when needed. Gil might find a bit of space in that kind of lineup.

Edited by switters
  • Like 1

I'd like to see

Guzan

Hutton-Richards-Clark-Amavi

Sanchez

Veretout------------Gana

Gil

Ayew-Sinclair

You can say it lacks a centre forward, but tbh playing Gabby or Gestede there is often like playing without one anyway. Front 3 could switch positions and push wide when needed. Gil might find a bit of space in that kind of lineup.

That's the side I'd like to see (though not fussed if Clark is swapped for Okore).  And as AshVilla suggested I'd have Sanchez man-marking DeBruyne.  Bring on Adama for 30mins if (when) we're behind and I suppose Westwood when Sanchez starts flagging.

Guzan

Illori    Okore     Richards    Amavi

Veretout     Gana

Traore          Gil         Sinclair

Ayew

• Like 3

Has Veretout done something I have missed or are people putting him in the starting line up because he is French? He has looked fairly poor every time I have seen him play so far and certainly hasn't done anything to warrant a start.

Guzan

Illori    Okore     Richards    Amavi

Veretout     Gana

Traore          Gil         Sinclair

Ayew

Never gonna happen, but I'd love to see this. 

• Like 1

Guzan

Hutton  Richards  Okore  Amavi

Gana

Traore                            Sinclair

Gil

Gestede        Ayew

That is if Okore is fit. Anything but Lescott, anything. I also don't think I can handle seeing Sanchez play 'football' any more, plus the idea of the diamond 4 excites me.

Start with Gil and Ayew. Have to play 3 in the middle against City, guess Westwood might be out so Gana, Sanchez and Veretout. Add Sinclair for some speed on the counter. Looking forward to this although we probably lose but it will be interesting to see how the players have reacted to Garde.

What are people basing Vertouts inclusion into our starting 11 on?

Not had nowhere near enough gametime.

1. Man city is a free hit. May as well play the most promising team even if they may not be fully proven.

2. Veretout has looked to have lots of potential and shown glimpses of being great in the few times he's played so far. He was very highly rated in France and may just need some game time.

Guzan

Hutton    Richards  Okore/Crespo*  Amavi

Sanchez  Gana

Bacuna           Gil                       Sinclair

Ayew

That's the lineup buddy, though I might tweek the formation a touch if I may. I thought Crespo did well against Stoke, before of course being inexplicably dropped. Would be happy to see him again. 

Guzan

Hutton       Richards  Okore/Crespo   Amavi

Sanchez

Gil           Bacuna         Gana          Sinclair

Ayew

• Like 1

Guzan 

Hutton Richards Crespo Amavi           

Sanchez

Veretout               Gana

Gil

Ayew       Sinclair 

For some reason I want gestede in the team but can not put him in place of Gil/Ayew/Sinclair, so to come off the bench as an option, or kozak to be given a chance. Veretout has done very little to get a game but I just want him to have a chance. Traore and Grealish are other options that I would not mind in place of others.

Has Veretout done something I have missed or are people putting him in the starting line up because he is French? He has looked fairly poor every time I have seen him play so far and certainly hasn't done anything to warrant a start.

It's probably a bit of wishful thinking - when you're on a run of defeats you automatically start thinking about changing players in the team and you go back round to players who haven't been featuring much recently 'cause there ain't any other options. I do think Veretout has done okay at times though sometimes has disappeared from games, particularly after 60 mins - same could be said for a lot of our players. 

Equally you could ask how people consider putting Okore back for this one. He's not likely to be up to match sharpness and throwing him in against City would be a big ask. only have to think to Southampton away a few months ago and remember that Okore when off the pace can really, really struggle. 

People suggesting Veretout suffering from fancy foreign name syndrome again he's done nothing to suggest he's any good.

I can't see ANY line-up of ours vs ANY line-up of theirs ending up in anything else other than a defeat for us.

Bookies are being very generous offering almost 1/2 on City. 

Edited by supernova26