The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

How many players are we likely to lose for the International Break?

Off the top of my head Guzan, Hutton, Clark, Gana, Sanchez, Ayew, Gestede are the obvious few. Not sure if Amavi is involved in the U21's and Grealish is waiting for his international clearance apparently. Also not sure if Traore has been called up by Mali or what's going on generally with Kozak, Senderos or Okore. 

I am in the camp of " the harder we work, the luckier we get".....and yes we was lucky against City....and yes we did work hard.

However I never seem to see much text on the subject of how " unlucky" we was.

we can be a bit of heads you lose tails you lose......Ffs we do need a break now and again.

ps did Stoke get the lucky tag directed at them in beating Chelsea?

• Like 1

Guzan, Hutton, Clark, Amavi, Gueye, Sanchez, Ayew, Gestede will be away on international duty, which is kind of a blow considering they all played some part yesterday.

Remi already seems to rate this lot (understandably).  Having a couple of weeks to work with the fringe / younger players will be really interesting.  Traore, Ilori (who?), Kozak, Okore should get a chance to impress and maybe he can get Grealish back into a bit of form. 

I am in the camp of " the harder we work, the luckier we get".....and yes we was lucky against City....and yes we did work hard.

However I never seem to see much text on the subject of how " unlucky" we was.

we can be a bit of heads you lose tails you lose......Ffs we do need a break now and again.

ps did Stoke get the lucky tag directed at them in beating Chelsea?

Not sure anyone is disagreeing with anything you are saying here??? Yes we were very lucky, Yes we worked hard

A short search will provide plenty of examples where we were unlucky

Fully behind his starting XI.

Loved the first 5-10 mins of the game, yes there was no penetration but there was also no panicky aimless balls forward.

Fully behind his subs, both in terms of who went off and who came on, even Zog, strangely it felt like the right sub to make.

All easy to say when you've achieved a good result of course but 8/10 for me thus far.

On Zog, it felt right because it felt right tactically. Our best chance was a pacey counter attack down the wing, so he made the change to facilitate that. Fascinating to watch a manager make the changes I myself would have made.

Not that my opinion counts for much, but it so rarely happens it was exciting to me!

Out of interest is there anybody here that doesn't agree 100% with how Garde set us up tactically or his substitutions?

I personally wouldn't have brought N'Zogbia on as I think he left Amavi really exposed and City picked up on it and exploited it and it almost cost us.

But then I wouldn't even let N'Zogbia mind my car!

Edited by TrentVilla

Out of interest is there anybody here that doesn't agree 100% with how Garde set us up tactically or his substitutions?

Well he did bring Nzogbia on which aggravated this massive chip on my shoulder. Not because I can criticise it objectively. I have issues. :P

One match down so a bit early to be jumping to any conclusions but first impressions are good. He picked the team most people have been crying out for. He was calm and focused on match (I hate that give us a wave chant unless you're winning comfortably) and within about three minutes I turned to my girlfriend and commented how obvious the change was with us playing keep ball - must have had 100% possession in first three minutes.

The result was great, the endeavour was good and there was a fair bit of luck on ourside but you get the feeling that the confidence gained from that game may be more important than the point. However, like always, it will mean nothing without a point or three against Everton. We need a little run of at least not getting beat.

It was Man City so it's understandable, but you still can't see a clear sign of where goals are going to from, not consistently anyway. I hope once Garde has confidence in our defence that he turns to our midfielders and strikers to give them the confidence to start taking more shots. At least have a go.

We need to be within 5 or 6 points heading in to January and get a striker in if we are to get out of this. I think Garde will get us a few more draws but I still can't see many, if any, wins with our sparsity of quality in the final third.

We need to be within 5 or 6 points heading in to January and get a striker in if we are to get out of this. I think Garde will get us a few more draws but I still can't see many, if any, wins with our sparsity of quality in the final third.

You can't see us winning a game?

Is this one of those 'I'm not negative, i'm realistic' posts?

• Like 1

Garde will "get us a few more draws" :D, he set us up perfectly for a team like man city who have been destroying everyone in their path. His aim wasn't to attack and score 4 goals but that doesn't mean we wont attack eventually. Don't see how you've come to the conclusion that we will just get a load of draws tbh.

Â