The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Oh its nice when a new manager arrives all refresh and new, encouraging, happy looking positive upbeat and ready to achieve something.

6 months and he'll look something like this.

JS75795895.jpg

Desperately trying to get us playing shut up shop football to stop us shipping goals.

Gabby will be back in charge running towards the corner flag and everything will be shit again.

Lambert arrived after doing well bringing a team through the leagues playing fairly decent stuff, few years at Villa the poisoned chalice usually sorts it out.

Quiet the optimist, eh? 

Edited by maqroll

The Man City match thread is in the 'Current Season' sub folder, not where the usual active match threads are. I guess even the mods are sick of this new VT :D

A quick click on "view on web" would have told you this wasn't the case. Please don't blame VillaTalk because of a problem with your phone when using a third party app.

Touchy...don't worry we know matt Mecham is to blame lol.

Every time the camera panned to Remi, he was standing at the touchline, clapping, urging, directing.

Contrast that to Sherwood slouched back in his seat with a big frown on his unshaven mug.

We have a class act manager now, thank ****.

Sherwood did that all the time, then when we were shit he sat down.

It makes zero difference the manager jumping around or not none whats so ever, i never understand why fans lift it up as some type of chalice of importance.

I'm speaking of imagery, and also general sideline demeanor. 

Also, it helps if what you do while up and gesticulating actually helps accomplish something, rather than

MarvelousNewJabiru.gif

Tim really is a useless Biggest Clearing In The Amazon Rain Forest

Oh its nice when a new manager arrives all refresh and new, encouraging, happy looking positive upbeat and ready to achieve something.

JS75795895.jpg

Desperately trying to get us playing shut up shop football to stop us shipping goals.

Gabby will be back in charge running towards the corner flag and everything will be shit again.

Lambert arrived after doing well bringing a team through the leagues playing fairly decent stuff, few years at Villa the poisoned chalice usually sorts it out.

Who took the jam out of your donut!!:D

You took the f****** jam outta my doughnut, Tommy. You did.

Back on topic. Its nice to hear a European accent and then thinking, thats our manager, "Remi Garde".

• Like 4

JS75795895.jpg

Sounds bizarre but I swear some fans wan us to do terribly so they can moan and say I told you so.

• Like 2

Every time the camera panned to Remi, he was standing at the touchline, clapping, urging, directing.

Contrast that to Sherwood slouched back in his seat with a big frown on his unshaven mug.

It makes zero difference the manager jumping around or not none whats so ever, i never understand why fans lift it up as some type of chalice of importance.

I disagree, but I understand the point you're making. The main contributor to these situations is whether the players believe in the manager/coach, under Sherwood I wouldn't be surprised if no one trusted him, so ignored any instructions

I disagree with this. Garde's whole demeanour filters through to the players. If he's in a panic screaming his head off and then slumped dejected in his seat it sends a signal to the players (see Sherwood).   

• Like 4

I completely disagree with that.

Maybe a manager's demeanour, or it's effect, is exaggerated somewhat. But to say it doesn't matter whatsoever is nonsense.

Anyone who's played football at any level can tell you that.

• Like 2

Just the fact that he picked the kind of team the majority of us would pick is a great start. If anything, it proves what we've all suspected, that the new players are good enough, it was just Sherwood being an arsehole that prevented them from playing. 

By saying that Sherwood was an arsehole, aren't you giving him too much credit?

I've been in a brilliant mood all evening. What a great feeling - imagine if we can win the next one!!!

I like the 4141 shape and I think that although we didnt make chances against City, we will do playing the same way against lesser teams

I'm not sure I can see where Traore or Grealish will fit in yet - both will need to concentrate on the defensive side of their game. Gestede will, i think, become an impact sub for the last 15 mins of games.

Although Gabby was poor against Spurs, I can still see him challenging for a place out wide.  Zog also could be back in the reckoning too.

A CF and a RB in January and I think we'll be alright

JS75795895.jpg

Great to see the optimism at Villa is as strong as ever.

I was pleased to see he wasn't jumping around like a loon at full time. He knows that even whilst us fans were delighted with that point. we're still in major trouble and it just showed that he has his standards set very high.

Â