The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I hope today put to bed this myth that these players are playing as well as they can.
They've been horrendously mismanaged this season.

I hope Remi can keep up the kind of selections and performances we've seen today.

I didn't think we were playing as well as we could but I did feel we lacked too much quality in certain areas to stay up. Keeper being weak, defence making stupid mistakes, midfield offering no protection or no attacking threat and a real lack of goals upfront. I still think a lot of those issues are still the case but today showed that being organised properly makes a difference and that the likes of Gil and Veretout starting more could solve some of the issues mentioned earlier. I'm still not sure we've got enough but I am more confident we will give it a better go than I did before the game today.

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Despite having a catastrophic first third of the season, we are still not too far off a poor tail end of the league.

2. We have a better squad than most of the relegation rivals with the possible exception of Newcastle (who will also likely escape).

3. Despite being dire, we have not been embarrassed this season, and we've played the best teams in the league.

4. We have hopefully turned the corner, whereas others will have their poor run.

5. We have a seemingly serious, ambitious figure in Garde. Let's hope he's the real deal, and lucky with it.

6. We have an owner with deep pockets and can spend big if he needs to in January.

7. That clown Sherwood has gone.

Looks like we are safe then? ;-)

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Every time the camera panned to Remi, he was standing at the touchline, clapping, urging, directing.

Contrast that to Sherwood slouched back in his seat with a big frown on his unshaven mug.

We have a class act manager now, thank ****.

• Like 1

Every time the camera panned to Remi, he was standing at the touchline, clapping, urging, directing.

Contrast that to Sherwood slouched back in his seat with a big frown on his unshaven mug.

Sherwood did that all the time, then when we were shit he sat down.

It makes zero difference the manager jumping around or not none whats so ever, i never understand why fans lift it up as some type of chalice of importance.

I'm beginning to think Sherwood lost the enthusiasm, and possibly the dressing room, before the end of last season.

Picks his team and makes his subs as if he's watched our games properly. What strange new luxury is this?

Was just going to mention the strange feeling I got when the substitutions all made sense in terms of how the game was panning out.

Seems an incredible likeable chap so hopefully the players warm to him too. Reminds me of a mini-Houllier very much.

I think he's getting sick of answering that rather insulting question about playing French players. 

Yep, it's like the reporters are trying to create turmoil, the words removed

All sounds are good, I begrudgingly gave up my season ticket today but heard game on talkshite radio.  From the commentary comments, remi achieved everything and more I could hope from one game in charge.

The Man City match thread is in the 'Current Season' sub folder, not where the usual active match threads are. I guess even the mods are sick of this new VT :D

A quick click on "view on web" would have told you this wasn't the case. Please don't blame VillaTalk because of a problem with your phone when using a third party app.

Oh its nice when a new manager arrives all refresh and new, encouraging, happy looking positive upbeat and ready to achieve something.

6 months and he'll look something like this.

JS75795895.jpg

Desperately trying to get us playing shut up shop football to stop us shipping goals.

Gabby will be back in charge running towards the corner flag and everything will be shit again.

Lambert arrived after doing well bringing a team through the leagues playing fairly decent stuff, few years at Villa the poisoned chalice usually sorts it out.

Oh its nice when a new manager arrives all refresh and new, encouraging, happy looking positive upbeat and ready to achieve something.

6 months and he'll look something like this.

JS75795895.jpg

Desperately trying to get us playing shut up shop football to stop us shipping goals.

Gabby will be back in charge running towards the corner flag and everything will be shit again.

Lambert arrived after doing well bringing a team through the leagues playing fairly decent stuff, few years at Villa the poisoned chalice usually sorts it out.

Who took the jam out of your donut!!:D

• Like 1

Â