The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Not taking the piss, but after that performance it really proves Sherwood was not ready to be a premiership manager just yet. An thats being nice.

I hope Sherwood was watching that and finally realised that he's just not a manager.

I think we both know that won't have happened.

One can live in hope though.

Not taking the piss, but after that performance it really proves Sherwood was not ready to be a premiership manager just yet. An thats being nice.

I hope Sherwood was watching that and finally realised that he's just not a manager.

He was covering it for BEIN Sports, would love to know what he was saying.

I watched it and he didn't say much apart from we rode our luck and a few weeks ago those City chances would have gone in.

He'll be out at the W hotel in Doha tonight I'm sure JV.

My cousin is a good mate of one of the physio's and he told him at the start of the season that Sherwood really didn't have a clue what he was doing. Very very early days but I think we may actually have a proper manager now. 

None of us need a good mate on the inside to see Sherwood baltently didn't have a clue. 

re: leaves Gil on the bench??

I think we both know that won't have happened.

One can live in hope though.

We played well at Man. City end of last season did we not? And scored two goals aswell.

Still good start from Remi, nice team selection and we finally looked organised right through the team so it's something to build on.

Just don't see enough in the final third though, he needs to be backed in January.

the hedonism of a side with players playing the positions they are meant to play in an organised disciplined way...

we lacked a lot in the final third but this is to be expected after such a short spell in the hot seat.

Once we start to rotate Grealish, Gestede and Traore in the attack you can see that goals will come. 

Very impressed by the shape and concentration shown.

Edited by VillanousOne

My cousin is a good mate of one of the physio's and he told him at the start of the season that Sherwood really didn't have a clue what he was doing. Very very early days but I think we may actually have a proper manager now. 

None of us need a good mate on the inside to see Sherwood baltently didn't have a clue. 

re: leaves Gil on the bench??

this was start of the season though. I actually stuck up for him saying what does a physio know!

Rémi Garde spoke to the press after the solid point against Man City.

Find his comments below.

On the point…

I am pleased for the players because they worked very hard.

They have worked very well since the start of the week.

They were rewarded with this good point.

On what he's worked on this past week…

I have worked on many parts.

Every manager has his own view on football. You also have to adapt to the players you have - and the qualities they have.

So I tried to find the best solution for today's game.

Maybe next time will be different.

On moving forward…

It gives us something to build on.

We got a clean sheet against such a good team, such good players all over the field.

That means we should be a little bit more confident next time.

It was a good occasion to do it.

We have been a bit lucky of course because they touched the bar. We didn't create so many chances, I know that.

But it was City - and a City full of confidence.

They had a brilliant, brilliant game in Sevilla, which is a good team.

I thought it was a good point to work on.

On his emotions…

I was not frustrated not to get the three points.

I am realistic.

It's quite a good start.

On Carles Gil…

For me Carles can be very useful for the team.

Today was a good game for him.

He had a lot of defensive work to do and he did it very well.

He has to carry on like all the other players.

Veretout

On Jordan Veretout…

Jordan didn't play for a few weeks so I wasn't sure he could go until the end. I think he had cramp at the end.

Ashley Westwood was not in the group because he suffered a bad kick on Monday. He didn't train this week.

Ashley could have played as well.

On rising confidence…

We have very good players in this group.

We have to believe we can be safe. It will be a tough mission.

Let's see what will happen.

On getting a bit of luck against City…

You have to be lucky also, of course.

But to be lucky you have to work hard.

Luck is not coming knocking on your door, saying 'I'm here.'

You create that - that situation and the behavior to get lucky.

It would have been very disappointing for us not to get a point.

On scoring more goals…

I am not crazy. I am quite realistic about the team we played against today.

I was not expecting three or four goals from my team to be fair because we played Manchester City. City is top of the table.

We will work hard to score goals of course.

It's step by step.

On the international break…

There are a lot that will leave.

It would have been better for me to have all the group on training sessions for the two weeks.

I will adapt. We will work hard with the players that are there.

It's the same for all the teams so I am not complaining.

NZogbia

On Charles N'Zogbia…

I think Charles is an interesting player.

He was quite okay on the training sessions and I thought he could be useful for the team. That's it.

Maybe next week it will be another. I don't know.

On Brad Guzan's save from Raheem Sterling's header…

I will ask Tony Parks if that was in the training session!

On Gabby Agbonlahor's absence…

Gabby was off at half-time with a calf injury at Tottenham.

He was in treatment all week. He was not fit to play today.

Let's see how the injury is going.

But he was in the dressing room with all the lads and hopefully he will be fit soon.

From the OS

• Like 1

Despite the jabs from Gary Neville and Souness before the game, he set us up like a proper team with a proper shape that stifled City. I imagine Souness expected us to get thumped 6-0 trying to emulate Barcelona; instead we had an organised shape, a tactical display that was clear for all to see. I'm not proclaiming Garde the new messiah but it shows promise after 3 training sessions.

First time I've been really disappointed in Neville though, it's as if we should just be happy with a hoof-ball, blood and thunder, kick-em up manager that hopefully gets us out of trouble - if you look at any recent 'great escapes', it's foreign managers who've come in and got their teams organised and playing football.

Amazing.

Play your best players in their proper positions in a real formation and we actually looked alright!

If that game showed anything, it was how much of a shambles we were under the previous manager incumbent.

We looked organised, we had a proper shape that we stuck to and we played like a team.

We lacked attacking threat, but I'm more than happy to build from the back. It got us a point today and it'll get us victories in future.

I'm impressed so far. It's a good start to build on and if we can take that organisation into our other games we'll get victories soon.

Thanks Remi, keep it up.

Totally agree, but I'd like to change just one word in your post...

• Like 2

Â