The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

we must give this man time, even if the worst case happens and we are in the Chumpionship next season.

we have to let him make his own mark and we have to be all behind him

the level of football served up over the last 6 seasons has been Luther...

...let him do what he needs to do, imo it will be at least 4 or maybe 6 games before we start to see his style and hopefully a turn round.

at least we learnt from the week end that Newcastle, Norwich, West Boreme Albion, Bournemouth, Blunderland, Stoke and Swansea are all tripe...

we have a fighters chance....UTV 

• Like 3

Wow. Bottom of the league, 4 points adrift and we have chosen a manager who has only ever managed for 3 years and even then didn't do particularly well. On top of that he has no Premier League experience as a manager nor any experience pulling teams out of relegation trouble. 

To say this is a risk is a huge understatement. 

Welcome Remi, you have a lot of work to do. 

• Like 1

Wow. Bottom of the league, 4 points adrift and we have chosen a manager who has only ever managed for 3 years and even then didn't do particularly well. On top of that he has no Premier League experience as a manager nor any experience pulling teams out of relegation trouble. 

what has lead you to believe he didn't do well at Lyon? by all accounts he was very good, and only left due to personal reasons, they were begging him to stay.

Out of interest what managers would you have preferred?

• Like 3

Wow. Bottom of the league, 4 points adrift and we have chosen a manager who has only ever managed for 3 years and even then didn't do particularly well.

He did a fantastic job. He had the rug pulled from under him with regards to money and had to build a team using youngsters. He won the French cup twice. Left for personal reasons and they wanted him to stay.

Moaning for the sake of moaning.

• Like 4

Wow. Bottom of the league, 4 points adrift and we have chosen a manager who has only ever managed for 3 years and even then didn't do particularly well.

He did a fantastic job. He had the rug pulled from under him with regards to money and had to build a team using youngsters. He won the French cup twice. Left for personal reasons and they wanted him to stay.

Moaning!? What on Earth are you talking about? I am stating, as a concerned Villa fan, that this a big risk. What don't you understand about that?

what has lead you to believe he didn't do well at Lyon? by all accounts he was very good, and only left due to personal reasons, they were begging him to stay.

Out of interest what managers would you have preferred?

David Moyes. Someone who knows the English game extremely well and who I think would have done a good job. I don't know if we could have got him but in answer to your question, that is the manager I would have preferred.

Moaning!? What on Earth are you talking about? I am stating, as a concerned Villa fan, that this a big risk. What don't you understand about that?

The bolded is moaning. It's not even true.

• Like 1

Ok so you would say he did a particyulaly good job at Lyon? A really good job? OK. I happen to think he did an average job at Lyon but football is about opinions and we have our own. I am fully behind him now that he is here but I can't help but think that this is a massive risk and I am very worried.

Ok so you would say he did a particyulaly good job at Lyon? A really good job? OK. I happen to think he did an average job at Lyon but football is about opinions and we have our own. I am fully behind him now that he is here but I can't help but think that this is a massive risk and I am very worried.

Do you know a lot about his time in France out of interest?

Not your point though was it?

You said 'he didn't do particularly well.'

From what I've read and heard, he did a fantastic job but I didn't follow Lyon at that time.

Â