The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

"Nobody at Villa can deny that we are way behind due to my complete lack of sound stewardship and restrictive transfer and wage policies. We recruited aggressively this past summer after selling our best players and it is our responsibility to now harvest this largely unproven talent rather than buckle under pressure and criticism (or just ignore it like me) - I'd like to convince everybody that we are better than that"

• Like 2

This guy needs to be the right appointment and hit the ground running. Hope he doesn't turn out to be the right man at the wrong time, but I can't help but feel like there would be a lot more optimism if his first task here, aside from adapting to the league, wasn't to save us from relegation. 

The only positive to the season so far is not being bummed too hard in any of our losses, so we've got that going for us, let's see if Remi can put some points on the board! There is a lot of football to be played yet and a transfer window so we're not completely without hope. 

Rémi Garde Claret et l'armée bleue!!!!!

Google Translate? Not good.

Why is it wrong? it looked incorrect to me but i believed in the google gods dammit!

It's treated it as (Remi Garde Claret) AND (Blue Army), instead of (Remi Garde) (Claret and Blue) (Army).

Ok Im in.

Lets all close our eyes and, just for half a minute or so, imagine this our Wenger moment, when, with the Arsenal/French connections etc we arise like they did from our catatonic state to once again bestride English football like a collossus !

Or failing that, go on to get about half what Arsenal got under Wenger.  Ill take 14 consecutive years of 8th plus some Cup thingys, for now. (Although I reserve the right to complain that is not enough a season or two in).

Ill confess a little pragmatic neanderthal part of me thought maybe a thuggy type like Pearson, but the footballing loving part says Stuff It !! Lets Marche !

• Like 2

Good luck , IMO he has to have at least 18 months regardless of where we end up in the league this year , subject to a Sherwood type implode of blaming everyone but himself while making bizarre selection's.

I do think he could do well but if I'm honest I don't know that much about him other than some stats. 

Notice Lerner's dig at Sherwood as well, "buckle under pressure" UTV 

Edited by tinker
Being stupid

**** the media! **** other club's fans! **** the pundits! Snipe all you like. Time for us to get behind our man now, and roar the lads up the table. You're either with us, or against us.

Viva la Revolution! 

• Like 4

Â