The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Sherwood was a chancer lets be honest but he was no worse than Garde. I expected more from him. He should have got more of a tune out of Gana, Ayew, Veretout etc. Then again the damage was done in the transfer window when we didn't buy a proven striker. 

He was miles worse than Garde in terms of setup etc. However he had more charisma which carried him a certain distance. 

Of course, he was terrible setting up a team, alienated a lot of players ruining any cohesion in the dressing room, didn’t have a clue what to do when things went wrong and blew a load of money on players who he then alienated. 

But at the start, he had charisma.

I actually think Ayew and Gueye were pretty decent for us by the way. Team spirit was ruined though and our defence was **** woeful. 

The biggest problem was the terrible signings that summer. The spine of our team left and we replaced them with a bunch of duds. 

Sherwood got us off to an appalling start and then Garde comes in and got absolutely nothing more out of the same players. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2017 at 10:36, MrDuck said:

Sherwood managed 10 wins in 28, Garde managed 3 in 23. I reckon he made us worse. Although this is a bit of a which-is-the-tastiest-turd contest...

Benteke, Vlaar and Delph all leaving and who we replaced them with made us much worse.

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:14, Zatman said:

Benteke was in horrible form when he took over, Sherwood got it out of him

Yes and he got the best out of Delph and Cleverley too which the previous manager had failed to do that season, but we've been here before many times. Garde failed, Sherwood ultimately failed. who was the best? who cares anymore. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Another manager we broke.

Funnily enough he got a 42% win rate at Montreal Impact (Wikipedia tells me), which sounds decent enough and maybe a tiny bit surprising he hasn't had another job in the MLS since?

At any rate, one job since he left us is more than Sherwood, Di Matteo* and Gerrard (so far).

*is now a 'technical advisor' to Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors in Korea. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He was rubbish before he came here. It was such a strange appointment 

Fox was mates with Wenger who recommended him (Garde was the 1st player Wenger signed for Arsenal)

What a basket case of a club we were under Lerner then Xia. NSWE really was a stroke of the best fortune.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Had to confirm that this is actually a football team and he's not giving them engineering advice.

I actually used to play for a foreigners team (naturally, 'Jeonju Unathletic') in the same city. Nice city actually, great food and a fun film festival. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He was rubbish before he came here. It was such a strange appointment 

He had a 50% win percentage at Lyon and won the French Cup. Hardly rubbish. The club was an utter mess when he came, I doubt anyone could have kept us up.  Having people like flabby and new car Lescott p**sing about would have been a nightmare. Ancient history now.

• Like 2

Â