The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

10 hours ago, Nabby said:

So Klopp and Pochettino can't be up to much as they both lost to Newcastle...

2 weeks ago this would have been a game between 2 struggling sides ,not its one struggling side against a team with 2 wins in a row.

That's really a nonsense point. We have to get three points if you haven't noticed, and Newcastle are a weak side. We have to beat the teams around us if we want to stay up.

Failure to win here will simply not be good enough from everyone involved from the manager to the players. If we don't win today, I think it's an open and shut case as to our future in this league. 

It's quite funny, I see our rivals going out and doing the job against top teams but we still have fans trying to make excuses for us potentially not getting anything out of a match against Newcastle. Not good enough, if we really want to stay up, we need to hold this team to a higher standard. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I agree we need to beat teams around to stay up and we need 3 points but Newcastle have hit form, this is not a easy game and that weak team has achieved our entire seasons point total in the last 2 games.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Massive day for Garde, if we go down with a whimper at Newcastle then serious doubts have to be raised as to whether he was a good appointment. My heart is hoping for a positive result, my head says we will get hammered

This is exactly my feeling. Garde has had 5 games against mostly difficult opposition - and while results have been poor, everyone has been looking to this game as the one where we start our fightback. Defeat today and I think the fans who havn't yet given up will turn to the dark side.

I lose a bit of faith in him everytime Gestede starts

Gestede really got to me against Arsenal labouring around and not offering for Hutton's throws on numerous occasions in the first half. He may be poor but at least show some effort.

24 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Gestede really got to me against Arsenal labouring around and not offering for Hutton's throws on numerous occasions in the first half. He may be poor but at least show some effort.

Sanchez and Veretout really pissed me off with their lack of effort too.

What's worrying me is that Garde doesn't look like he can get the players motivated, we know they lack quality but you would expect them to at least look half interested on a match day

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

Sanchez and Veretout really pissed me off with their lack of effort too.

What's worrying me is that Garde doesn't look like he can get the players motivated, we know they lack quality but you would expect them to at least look half interested on a match day

Yep, noticed this a while ago, the players never come out looking up for it, they only ever look up for it when they concede a goal and try to claw one back, it's just very, very poor.

If they come out today and look nervous and lethargic then it will again reflect badly on Garde's ability to get his players motivated. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Our best player for an hour last week.

was he?

I thought Ayew looked more composed on the ball ....hey, just opinions.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

was he,

I thought Ayew looked more composed on the ball ....hey, just opinions.

Either way, Sinclair had a decent game before eventually fading. Certainly not worthy of Zatman's outrage at being selected.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah you're right actually. It was all his fault. What a rocket polisher.

Not sure I said that. Just asking what he did in a game that we were poor in and ended up losing. 

I don't thinkt he did anything to justify his selection or why he keeps being selected. That can be applied to pretty much every player who isn't called Ayew though. 

3 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Sinclair did well to be fair for max. 20 odd minutes then proceeded to do his disappearing act. With him I don't think it's lack of effort I just don't think he's good enough.

I don't either, he's not great.

But he's good enough to be in the team and it certainly doesn't deserve outrage that he's being picked.

Â