Ratings & Reactions: Tottenham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

That was a pretty terrible game of football. At times it looked like neither side could control the ball.

Glad we showed a little bit of something towards the end but I think that Garde has a great deal of work to do to keep us up.

Edit: And what was the ref doing when Westwood got clocked in the face? How can he not have blown the whistle to get him checked out? Piss poor Mike Dean.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

I do not understand how 4 minutes can be added on but even when there is a goal scored in the 4 minutes and plenty of time wasting the referee blows for full time at roughly 94:09.

Because the referee is a scabby bellend.

Who's the clown that gave him a "good" mark? He was utter shite

Someone who's taken a significant blow to the head.

• Like 3

No more Richardson, Lescott, Clark, Sanchez. Ever. Could do without Sinclair too. Guzan needs replacing.

We have players to get points, Ayew and Gill were great. Gana is needed in midfield. Amavi dropped is criminal considering the other option, Okore needs to get back to match fitness and Crespo deserves a shout too.

• Like 1

I do not understand how 4 minutes can be added on but even when there is a goal scored in the 4 minutes and plenty of time wasting the referee blows for full time at roughly 94:09.

Playing longer would not have been doing us a favour. 

So? That's a piss poor reason to end a game, just like adding an extra 10 minutes on because we might have got a draw would also be poor.

I like KMac but he seems to be trying to be as inept as possible. Any idiot could have picked a better team for this one. Grealish was never going to get a look in a game where Spurs would dominate possession. Gil was so obviously a better choice.

• Like 1

Once again our bench looked stronger than the starting lineup. I haven't understood our lineups the whole season. We lose these matches before a ball has been kicked. The two players that have the best technical ability and desire to get on the ball are ayew and gil yet they spend majority of weeks on the bench. Then you have mr kick off gabby agbonlahor who has no idea how to play football anymore yet starts every week he is fit. Don't get me started on richardson. I really hope remi is not so stupid as these people who put these ridiculous lineups out. Unbelievable.

Some of those players are nowhere near good enough. That said, there was some fight. Maybe a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. McGrath, I hope so, because it's painful to watch that shit every week. I'm sick of being a laughing stock. Sort it our Remi, please!

Play Amavi, Gil, Gana, Ayew and even Veretout and Gestede every game, even if they have bad spells. And Adama too when fit. They are the guys who can play us out of this mess. We need to give them all proper chance and a bit if time. It's pointless playing Richardson, Agbonlahor and Bacuna (even though he has his moments).

• Like 3

No fight whatsoever, except for Gil and Ayew, who can hold their heads high.

An encouraging ten minutes, but we've seen that before. Spurs were just walking for most of the game. It's hopeless, new manager or not.

I never expected a win, or even a draw, but a bit of damn pride. Sorry, sorry performance tonight.

Grealish was clearly playing a protest game for Uncle Tim. Should be benched for that display.

Clark was made to look an absolute donkey on their first goal. 

All their goals should never even been close to going in the back of the net, but we are so dreadful in defense, it's a cakewalk for these teams.

Remi has a huge task in front of him. But he cuts a dignified figure, very unlike the slouching, pouting Sherwood. Hopefully he can instill some dignity into this shattered team.

Man City next though, eh?

• Like 2

Awful line up, made up up awful players from our awful squad.

We then played awfully for 75 minutes against a Spurs team playing well within themselves for two far harder games in next week. We score a highly fortunate goal and press for approximately four minutes before Spurs step up 1% and completely outclass us again and kill the game. Trust me, if that'd been important for Spurs they could have a slaughtered us at will but they were saving themselves for Europe and derby game.

Remi might be the best coach in the world but there is ZERO chance of keeping this squad up. Zero. Without three very good players in January, a bit of luck with injuries and the hope that the teams around us don't create too much of a gap we are going down.

Don't pretend that any of today was good. Defence shocking, Gil best player when on, midfield none existent and strikeforce impotent. The punduts were laughing at us, I was laughing at us, we weren't getting anything out if that game.

• Like 1

I know nothing about Garde. But I've watched poop for a while now and I want to be excited about the club I love again. For a few minutes in that game, a few players looked like they cared. Ayew and Gil deserve all the praise they're getting. Gabby and Richardson, for all of the tub thumping about either loyalty or 'professionalism', I hope to never see start a game again. Would Wenger put up with them?

Good luck, Remi. 

Sometimes, I like to pretend that we consistently played our best players for 90 minutes. For a few moments, I imagine all the points we would have had if we did. 

Then I get angry at the fact that, instead, we consistently have a far better bench than starting XI. I sincerely hope Remi will put an end to the madness. 

• Like 1

Shite again. Remi must be absolutely bricking it at what he's taken on.

Hopefully he'll ring the changes against City. 

Why would he be worried? If he gets sacked he will get millions of pounds in compensation and find a new job. Easiest gig in the world being a top level football manager.