Pre Match Thread

maqroll

(4-3-3) Guzan; Richards Okore Clark Amavi; Sánchez, Gana, Veretout; Adama Gil; Ayew - my XI for a game like this. 3 in the middle of the park to combat Spurs' midfield 3, extra protection for defence and potential to counter with Adama RW and Gil LW. Although we're going to see another flat 4-4-2, aren't we...

I think it's a big ask for Gil to play LW - I don't think he's ever done it before. Gil/Traore is one or the other for me. 

--------------------------------------------bunn---------------------------------------

hutton----------------richards---------------------crespo-------------richardson

------------------------------------------sanchez-------------------------------------

bacuna--------------veretout----------------------gueye----------------amavi

-----------------------------------------agbonlahor-------------------------------------

subs:guzan,clark,westwood,grealish,gil,ayew,gestede

4-1-4-1 

Whatever happens I hope we can change (some of) our midfielders around the 60 minute mark. It's fairly obvious that none of our midfielders can last a full 90 minutes. Sanchez is normally gone around 65 minutes, Gana and Westwood around 75. Vertout is a bit of an unknown but early in the season there was a game where he was out on his feet after about 60 minutes.

Also, why are so many people picking Okore. He hasn't played a minute of football so is going to be rusty and not match fit. Have him on the bench and start to give him minutes but no way would I be starting him yet.

(4-3-3) Guzan; Richards Okore Clark Amavi; Sánchez, Gana, Veretout; Adama Gil; Ayew - my XI for a game like this. 3 in the middle of the park to combat Spurs' midfield 3, extra protection for defence and potential to counter with Adama RW and Gil LW. Although we're going to see another flat 4-4-2, aren't we...

I think it's a big ask for Gil to play LW - I don't think he's ever done it before. Gil/Traore is one or the other for me. 

Genuinely think he could do it, & do it well. He's technically very able & I think he'd provide a lot for players in the box, as opposed to cutting in & fashioning his own chances.

With all this weekend's results going our way this is now an even bigger match.

Time to turn the corner and show Garde what we can do.

We're not down yet and as long as Bournemouth & Sunderland keep **** up we have a fighting chance of being a Premier League team next season.

Villa to win tomorrow with Ayew and Traore scoring

It won't happen but I would probably go for this, Okore and Clark played well together last year, Richards and lescott haven't exactly been amazing so I'd gamble with this back four.

----------- Guzan

Richards -- Okore -- Clark -- Amavi

-------- Sanchez -- Gana

------Gil -------------------- Traore 

---------Gestede -- Ayew

Why not, might as well have a go.

Edit: changed my mind 

Edited by alreadyexists

Vs spurs we need good balance between defence and attack we will got chance win .. 

-------------------------Guzan---------------------
Richards-------Okore------Clark------Amavi

--------Gana------Sanchez----Veretout-------

Gil-----------------Sinchair--------------Grealish

sub: Bunn, Lescott, Hutton, Westwood, Adama, Baunca Rudy.

when we play creative players Sinchair often goals machines even he is not striker, he is great poacher type with creative,

ie if he go winger and drag so 2 or 3 of them ( Gil, and Grealish, Gana, Veretout ) could can slip in box hope get goals in them. 
 (or Sinchair play as striker he alway running right time and right place, intel awares around box for goal  cos Gil and Grealish to tear defence use intel pass to sinchair or past players and give sinchair free space cos closed gil and grealish rather him)

we need play gil and grealish as both is telepathy each other and flair is brilliant to watch, defence often nightmare when both on pitch even one of them gil or grealish "got bad day office" sub adama to fresh attack can change pace if need ... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont think Kev would do it formation so likely he go for 442. 

Hutton------Richards--------Clark------Richardson

Baunca--------Gana------Veretout-------Amavi

-------------Sinchair----------Rudy--------------

sub: Bunn, Lescott, Gil, Westwood, Adama, Grealish, Gabby (would prefer if Kozak in Bench over Gabby)

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

Vs spurs we need good balance between defence and attack we will got chance win .. 

when we play creative players Sinchair often goals machines even he is not striker, he is great poacher type with creative,

ie if he go winger and drag so 2 or 3 of them ( Gil, and Grealish, Gana, Veretout ) could can slip in box hope get goals in them. 
 (or Sinchair play as striker he alway running right time and right place, intel awares around box for goal  cos Gil and Grealish to tear defence use intel pass to sinchair or past players and give sinchair free space cos closed gil and grealish rather him)

we need play gil and grealish as both is telepathy each other and flair is brilliant to watch, defence often nightmare when both on pitch even one of them gil or grealish "got bad day office" sub adama to fresh attack can change pace if need ... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hutton-------Okore------Clark------Richardson

sub: Bunn, Lescott, Gil, Westwood, Adama, Grealish, Gabby (would prefer if Kozak in Bench over Gabby)

I'm just not sure about Sinchair - might be better on the bench ;)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

With Sunderland getting spanked at Everton and Bournemouth going down at Southampton a win in this game will see us climb to the edge of safety and all the doom and gloom merchants saying we are already down will need to have a rethink. It's not over until the fat lady sings and she doesn't start gargling until April.

Sinchair only one who bang often when he  draft in striker roles from wingers in occasion his goals tally prove it, if your not sure so swap to Ayew or Rudy in lone striker - if i honest I prefer Sinchair and Ayew, Rudy even Kozak over Gabby in Lone strikers..

Ayew or Kozak might Gabby to partner Rudy in 2 forwards. (Gabby is suit in 2-men forwards but i'm not fan of his play ability, his pace is more treat that his ability with ball in all areas he put pure luck cross in occassion) 

• Like 1

Sinchair only one who bang often when he  draft in striker roles from wingers in occasion his goals tally prove it, if your not sure so swap to Ayew or Rudy in lone striker - if i honest I prefer Sinchair and Ayew, Rudy even Kozak over Gabby in Lone strikers..

Ayew or Kozak might Gabby to partner Rudy in 2 forwards. (Gabby is suit in 2-men forwards but i'm not fan of his play ability, his pace is more treat that his ability with ball in all areas he put pure luck cross in occassion) 

?

• Like 2

--------------------------------------------bunn---------------------------------------

hutton----------------richards---------------------crespo-------------richardson

------------------------------------------sanchez-------------------------------------

bacuna--------------veretout----------------------gueye----------------amavi

-----------------------------------------agbonlahor-------------------------------------

subs:guzan,clark,westwood,grealish,gil,ayew,gestede

4-1-4-1 

awful imo

• Like 1

Predicting a Villa line up has become akin to nailing jam to a wall. KMac won't play the below so not sure why I am suggesting it.  I doubt Clark, Gil, Grealish will feature from the start.

Guzan

Crespo - Clark - Richards - Richardson

Bacuna - Gana -  Sanchez 

Ayew - Grealish

Gabby 

Edited by VillanousOne