Pre Match Thread

maqroll

I guess this depends on whether MacDonald wants to stick with 4-4-2.

I'd go:

--------------------------Guzan---------------------------

Hutton-------Richards------Okore----------Amavi

-----------------------Sanchez-------------------------

---------------Veretout------Gana--------------------

Gil--------------------------------------------Grealish

--------------------------Ayew-------------------------

• Like 2

Guzan

Hutton-Richards-Clark-Amavi

Sanchez-Gana-Veretout

Gil-Agbonlahor-Ayew

Gabby leading the line? I'd love to hear your reasoning (genuinely).

Personally I'd rather give Libor a go - the big man might not be fully match fit but unless he's been on a diet of Big Macs and Monster Munch while sitting on his couch all day nailing 20 Lambert and Butler, he surely can't contribute less than Gabby has recently.

FWIW I'd give Ayew a go before either of them.

Guzan

Sanchez-Gana-Veretout

Gil-Agbonlahor-Ayew

Put ayew Central and stick grealish in there and that's my line up

The reality is though gabby will start, probably at the expense of ayew

Lescott is the interesting one for me, haven't heard of him being injured so assuming kmac dropped him for the cup game, hoping he stays dropped

Guzan

Hutton- Crespo(if no Richards)- Clark- Amavi

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

start with this high tempo closing down fast game. Take the game to them ,they would not no what hit them . keep that up for 55-60 mins then Veretout,Ayew,Traore off Gana,Westwood,Gabby on. With the subs on the energy levels and pace is back up just in time, then counter. For this game I think Gana needs to be on the bench,because he would not be able to keep up the pressing all game and would be a huge impact when he comes on. If Veretout is ok fitness wise then Gil or Grealish to come off instead depending on form/fitness/carrying out instructions. If chasing the game then Gestede with gabby to come on together and just go direct. I'm not a manager,but surely with these players and having a plan similar to this ,week in week out with little tweaks here and there ,we could/should have a good season not the words removed we have been unfortunately watching!!!

Guzan

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

start with this high tempo closing down fast game. Take the game to them ,they would not no what hit them . keep that up for 55-60 mins then Veretout,Ayew,Traore off Gana,Westwood,Gabby on. With the subs on the energy levels and pace is back up just in time, then counter. For this game I think Gana needs to be on the bench,because he would not be able to keep up the pressing all game and would be a huge impact when he comes on. If Veretout is ok fitness wise then Gil or Grealish to come off instead depending on form/fitness/carrying out instructions. If chasing the game then Gestede with gabby to come on together and just go direct. I'm not a manager,but surely with these players and having a plan similar to this ,week in week out with little tweaks here and there ,we could/should have a good season not the words removed we have been unfortunately watching!!!

Vertout instead of Gana, and then 'Gana wouldnt be able to keep up the pressure all game'

Ahahaha

Guzan

Sanchez-Gana-Veretout

Gil-Agbonlahor-Ayew

Gabby leading the line? I'd love to hear your reasoning (genuinely).

Personally I'd rather give Libor a go - the big man might not be fully match fit but unless he's been on a diet of Big Macs and Monster Munch while sitting on his couch all day nailing 20 Lambert and Butler, he surely can't contribute less than Gabby has recently.

FWIW I'd give Ayew a go before either of them.

Every time I've seen Ayew he looks a better player dropping in to receive the ball. I think him and Gil could do some damage in between their defence and midfield. Think Gabby can stretch their centre halves in the break, I'd have him up front away instead of Gestede and Sinclair any day (not saying much).

Midfield hopefully would be solid enough with Sanchez holding and Gana and Veretout. It always puzzles me why we've not at least tried it.

• Like 1

Guzan

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

Vertout instead of Gana, and then 'Gana wouldnt be able to keep up the pressure all game'

Ahahaha

Guzan

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

Ahahaha

Guzan

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

Ahahaha

Yes Veretout starts and no Gana so far can't do a full 90 full throttle! Not at the standard we would need him to 

Villa never seem to last out in a game. With that in mind that is why I would go with this plan

gana has been the better player so far and I would always try to have the better players from the start, but a 100% Ganain the last of the game would give us that bite we would need in the final part of the game. Just my opinion!

GuzanHutton- Crespo(if no Richards)- Clark- Amavi

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

Ahahaha

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

Ahahaha

Veretout- Sanchez

Gil- Grealish- Traore 

Ayew

Ahahaha

Yes Veretout starts and no Gana so far can't do a full 90 full throttle! Not at the standard we would need him to 

Villa never seem to last out in a game. With that in mind that is why I would go with this plan

gana has been the better player so far and I would always try to have the better players from the start, but a 100% Ganain the last of the game would give us that bite we would need in the final part of the game. Just my opinion!

So on the very little time we've seen Vertout, youd take him over Gana?

I find that puzzling tbh, unless you've seen him in the french league closing down players for 90mins.

From what I have seen of Veretout he is similar to cleverly. He needs a manager who can utilise him. I do agree with what people are saying about Gana. He is a good player and has been the best I think of the midfielders so far. But my madness is simply that for this game that is what I would do and it would be Veretout who I would replace by Gana at the time stated. 

(4-3-3) Guzan; Richards Okore Clark Amavi; Sánchez, Gana, Veretout; Adama Gil; Ayew - my XI for a game like this. 3 in the middle of the park to combat Spurs' midfield 3, extra protection for defence and potential to counter with Adama RW and Gil LW. Although we're going to see another flat 4-4-2, aren't we...