Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Someone criticizing you or saying you are not good enough isn't bullying, How are you supposed to cope being a professional footballer in the public eye if you can't handle getting shouted at by a manager/coach from time to time

He was 20 and depressed,and feeling exhausted despite peak fitness due to the mental trauma caused by MacD'S archaic coaching methods. Being told you are useless and a c++t etc. is hardly the ideal environment to nurture young talent.

Anyway, have you even read the article The Guardian?

15 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Someone criticizing you or saying you are not good enough isn't bullying, How are you supposed to cope being a professional footballer in the public eye if you can't handle getting shouted at by a manager/coach from time to time

Right. So you were there and witnessed it all? 

30 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Private Pyle... You are a worthless piece of s*1t! (bit of bantz from Sgt Hartman 🙄

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry,

But how is this even in the same stratosphere for comparison?

I've got to say these are the reasons I try to stay out of debates like this in general, as undoubtedly the ACTUAL issue and allegation gets blurred.

We've gone from alleged and perceived "bullying/rough coaching" of young players by a coach.

To comparing child molestation and rape ffs.

Ironically, I actually find these tactics are usually used to "bully" people into feeling bad about their own views on particular situations.

No matter how reasonable.

It's not comparing the allegations, it's comparing the mindset that the allegations should be dismissed because it was long time ago and that's just what happened back then.

• Like 1

Guess none of this is true then?

Oh, & yes he was there and saw everything....

A handful of people out of the hundreds/thousands that have been through the system complaining that they didn't like the way someone treated them doesn't mean he is the worlds biggest bastard. Most people simply are not cut out for life as a professional footballer.

Gary Cahill :

https://readastonvilla.com/2018/11/28/gary-cahill-reflects-on-time-at-villa/

Cahill, now 31, made his senior debut for the club in 2005 before going on to make a further 30 appearances in claret and blue before sealing a move to Bolton Wanderers in January 2008.

There are numerous coaches who have helped me along the way.

But when I went to Villa there was Gordon Cowans, who a lot of people are aware of, Tony McAndrew and Kevin MacDonald.

Those three looked after me from 16 up until the reserves and were a big influence on the way I saw football.

It wasn’t always rosy; they were strict and quite hard on us, but you appreciate that more the older you get. It was just what they demanded through work and the sessions.

They wanted us to play in the right way, at a fast tempo, and we had a lot of success.

Over a period of three or four years the amount of players they produced was frightening: Peter Whittingham, Jamie Ward, Liam Ridgewell, Steven Davis, Gabby Agbonlahor, Craig Gardner, there were loads who came through.

That’s down to the recruitment and the coaching we had which was phenomenal.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's not comparing the allegations, it's comparing the mindset that the allegations should be dismissed because it was long time ago and that's just what happened back then.

I totally got that, but in my view the manipulation remains the same.

I don't think anybody is saying it should be dismissed, but the current culture no longer applies an "innocent until proven guilty" structure.

The court of public opinion/social media has destroyed your life no matter the outcome.

I've seen it many a time.

Do you know how many of these high profile cases of "sexual assault" and rape which suddenly popped up 25 years later have been proven to be a farce?

No one will remember that though, all they will remember is the label, the accusations, and false comparisons to ACTUAL victims of abuse.

Just a very strange and sad climate all round.

As usual I feel truth is somewhere in the middle.

It is hard for me to imagine that Kevin McDonald has been "bullying" and torturing kids for decades and they said nothing out of fear as if we were the mafia, AND that our club has just let it happen.

It's Football, not bootcamp, these kids WANT to play football, just like with several other professions and/or sports maybe some of them just aren't cut out for the rough and tumble of it, maybe not disciplined enough, or too sensitive?

I'm not discounting the fact that it may have hurt or "broken" a few, but is that an issue for the Coach/kid to deal with, or is it something for the parents to address?

What about all the kids the system and coach have successfully brought through for decades?

Some of them probably just aren't cut out for it!

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, do you not realise that the same sentence could be levelled at you and others in opposite?

You all seem very sure that it is true.

I'm not the one claiming that multiple people who felt bullied are just too sensitive. 

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

A handful of people out of the hundreds/thousands that have been through the system complaining that they didn't like the way someone treated them doesn't mean he is the worlds biggest bastard. Most people simply are not cut out for life as a professional footballer.

Gary Cahill :

Cahill, now 31, made his senior debut for the club in 2005 before going on to make a further 30 appearances in claret and blue before sealing a move to Bolton Wanderers in January 2008.

But when I went to Villa there was Gordon Cowans, who a lot of people are aware of, Tony McAndrew and Kevin MacDonald.

Those three looked after me from 16 up until the reserves and were a big influence on the way I saw football.

It wasn’t always rosy; they were strict and quite hard on us, but you appreciate that more the older you get. It was just what they demanded through work and the sessions.

They wanted us to play in the right way, at a fast tempo, and we had a lot of success.

Over a period of three or four years the amount of players they produced was frightening: Peter Whittingham, Jamie Ward, Liam Ridgewell, Steven Davis, Gabby Agbonlahor, Craig Gardner, there were loads who came through.

You literally made the post I was trying to make above for me ffs.

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Gary Cahill :

Oh that's ok then. 

No one has claimed he bullied every kid he coached. Do you think every abuser attack every single person they are associated with? Just because he didn't make cahil feel suicidal doesn't mean a thing in this case. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

He saw what went on between Kevin MacDonald and Gareth Farrelly?

Hadn't Farrelly left Villa three years before Cahill joined the youth set up?

Edited by snowychap

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

New owners, new manager, new philosophy, not sure K-Mac had real viability within the current state of affairs at the club anyway. Time to cut ties.

What i WILL agree with , is that this is bad publicity for the club and probably better do so in the grand scheme of things.

Especially in this climate.

Where do you start in a matter like this? As mentioned above Gary Cahil had nothing but good words for him he managed to forge a good career for him self from Kmac’s guidance unfortunately its the latter for the alleged  victim, There have been plenty of bad things happening behind the scenes in football over the years , but you can only go on facts which remains to be seen/heard, My Grandfather was beaten with a Kane when he was in school for getting his time tables wrong, and got called all kinds of names under the sun by a sergant and in his teens he would suggest the guy is being sensitive, but times change and coaches need to move on with it I suppose. 

Im sorry, think i must have missed the bit where he was actually guilty of something, rather than (as yet) unproven allegations, yet on here he is being hung drawn and quartered by some, and being called lots of nasty words.... ironically by those complainig about bullying and also in some cases those who were massively angry about insults being used against Bruce.

I remember that people used to be innocent until poven guilty, but it seems "social media justice" is king now

• Like 1

Â