Jump to content

Demitri_C
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/13/aston-villa-remove-kevin-macdonald-coaching-new-bullying-claims-gareth-farrelly

K Mac has been suspended after more bullying claims! 

Quote

Aston Villa have suspended their long-serving youth coach Kevin MacDonald from working with players, after a former graduate of the club, Gareth Farrelly, came forward to tell the Guardian about his claims of relentless bullying from MacDonald in the mid-1990s.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm I was hoping to read some examples there from Gareth Farrelly .. 

I don't take bullying lightly but at the same time some people are more sensitive than others.

Think a few more would need to step forward for this to go further.

McDonald has been here a very long time and some excellent players have come through on his watch, probably just the old school aggressive coaching style.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Hmm I was hoping to read some examples there from Gareth Farrelly .. 

I don't take bullying lightly but at the same time some people are more sensitive than others.

Think a few more would need to step forward for this to go further.

McDonald has been here a very long time and some excellent players have come through on his watch, probably just the old school aggressive coaching style.

 

Just heard Danny Earls on the Off the Ball Football Show the other evening (w/ Keith Andrews Dec 6th via Podcast), and he was making the exact point of how much he loved the hard assed preparing you for the real world coaching he received at Villa from K-mac and others. He subsequently fell out of football as his opportunities were limited by MON (who else), but looks back on that part of his time fondly enough.

A certain amount of old man shaking stick at sky and young people these days in my mind.... hmmm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:38, TrentVilla said:

 

I don't think he will last very long under the new regime.

Quite correct. I think this latest allegation will see him slowly pushed out the door. The new owners wont want any bad publicity to overshadow the good work that has been done the last couple of months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, villakram said:

Just heard Danny Earls on the Off the Ball Football Show the other evening (w/ Keith Andrews Dec 6th via Podcast), and he was making the exact point of how much he loved the hard assed preparing you for the real world coaching he received at Villa from K-mac and others. He subsequently fell out of football as his opportunities were limited by MON (who else), but looks back on that part of his time fondly enough.

A certain amount of old man shaking stick at sky and young people these days in my mind.... hmmm.

Just because he was able to handle it, doesn't excuse the style that has made multiple children and young adults feel incredibly bad about themselves. 

Not acceptable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Feeling depressed and suicidal is a bit more than being a bit sensitive. 

Old school aggressive coaching has no place in football if it leads to kids feeling like this. 

It was 25 years ago & he's crying because a coach was telling him he would never be a decent footballer?

People are just f**king pathetic nowadays. No wonder the country/world is f**ked

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It was 25 years ago & he's crying because a coach was telling him he would never be a decent footballer?

People are just f**king pathetic nowadays. No wonder the country/world is f**ked

Your outlook on this topic is pathetic.

To have a short sighted view on someone else's struggle is astonishing. 

 

 

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â