Demitri_C

He maybe good with the kids (I have no idea) but he is a terrible first team manager, interim or not. Happily I expect him to manage us for 2 or three games max and to his credit that is also his expectation so I am right behind him and hope he does well.

I still prefer to remember K-Mac as our Manager during this game...  Swashbuckling attacking football, gave Clark & Albrighton their first starts for the club, and a great send off to Jimmy Milner... 

I also tend to forget the follow up to this game... (The 0-6 Trashing to Newcastle & Ireland's first appearance...)

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

I still prefer to remember K-Mac as our Manager during this game...  Swashbuckling attacking football, gave Clark & Albrighton their first starts for the club, and a great send off to Jimmy Milner... 

I also tend to forget the follow up to this game... (The 0-6 Trashing to Newcastle & Ireland's first appearance...)

That 6-0 vs Newcastle kmac was a Sunday league manager in that game.  He did everything wrong. But I'm glad we lost as people were talking about giving it to him full time.  That would have  been a disaster  

• Like 1

Was the last games K Mac managed Southampton in the League Cup & Tottenham in the league during 15/16?

It was the one period in my life where I got to see the Villa play live and after seeing Sherwood's last game against Swansea, I travelled for both those games hoping for more logical line ups only to be equally confused by his approach.

Looking forward to seeing how he approaches Saturday regardless.

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That 6-0 vs Newcastle kmac was a Sunday league manager in that game.  He did everything wrong. But I'm glad we lost as people were talking about giving it to him full time.  That would have  been a disaster  

I remember that game, I was down in Cornwall with my then girlfriend now wife. It was our first holiday together and I’d scoured the small town of Helston to find a pub with the game on. From the penalty miss onwards it was a nightmare! My wife had an early insight into being a Villa widow, fortunately she’s a resilient soul ?

• Like 1

On 04/10/2018 at 07:57, Demitri_C said:

More of a disaster then what actually happened?

I totally agree though

On 05/10/2018 at 06:50, DaveAV1 said:

I remember that game, I was down in Cornwall with my then girlfriend now wife. It was our first holiday together and I’d scoured the small town of Helston to find a pub with the game on. From the penalty miss onwards it was a nightmare! My wife had an early insight into being a Villa widow, fortunately she’s a resilient soul ?

To be fair, if Carew hadn't of skyed that penalty , the game could of been a totally different outcome. Luck certainly wasn't on our side that day. 

• Like 1

Can’t blame KMac, he picked a team that Steve Bruce would have picked which is logical given that they will have been drilled in that system and he only had a few days taking training.

The new man will need time to unpick Bruce’s ‘tactics’ and instill a new way of playing.

Edited by mikeyjavfc

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

To be fair, Carew Luck certainly wasn't on our side that day. 

Is that better Sheepy?? Also we couldn't be any more unluckier these days could we, brilliant team, unable to win..

Â