Demitri_C

In my opinion, im not sure how much KMAC did wrong.  Im not sure the lads who were on the bench could really argue that they've done much to warrant being in the team, afterall, the majority of the summer signings have played a lot of the games this season and been a major factor in why were bottom of the league............... are they as good as we think they are??  Have we bought a load of duds and Sherwood and his Crew realise that?

I don't now im just playing devils advocate

But I do know that the talk of Conspiracy Theories is a right load of old bollocks.   Professional Pride takes over and if you've got players their that would make a significant difference to the team with the aim of getting a result, then the manager will pick said options.  There is no way theyd "chuck a result" just to prove a point and alienate players in the squad, it just makes no sense at all.  In my opinion there wasn't masses on the bench that was crying out "I should be in this team"   

I hear the cries for Gil.  Yeah he looks neat and tidy, but hes been with us nearly a year and still not forced his way into the worst team weve had in 25 years.  Same goes for the other new lads.

If you listen to the fanbase weve got "great" players in Gil, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Amavi, Illori, Ayew, Traore etc.......................... fact is, they cant be as the bulk of our team on that basis is quality, but yet most cant get in, and were bottom of the league.   This is the most damning verdict for me.  Conspiracy theories is a load of old bollocks.  The players not being as good as we think.  Most definitely

Let's take performances, for e.g. Ayew scores against Swansea, comes on against Soton wins a penalty, then comes on yesterday and scores. If KMac was in charge for weekend, you'd bet a pound to think Ayew would not start considering the past evidence. We have all said it numerous times here, Westwood and Sanchez together as a pair do not work, they never have and never will but yet we continue. Richardson is arguably the worst left back the club has ever seen yet we leave the one we spent just over 8million on, on the bench. Adama, it's no coincidence since his comment on FB about only being given 5mins, that he's been dropped completely. The most bizarre of all is that the a player who is probably the fittest we have is deemed fatigued considering he had 9 days rest. A coincidence that the only player used by KMac yesterday which we'd purchased in the summer was Lescott, so that's nearly 50 odd million worth of talent that is just sitting there. We can sit there and say they are not good enough, but have they really been given a chance, look at Ayew, everyone said he's shit, waste of money, bought the wrong Ayew, a few games and look how much he's putting in. We have been grossly mismanaged and for me KMac and Tony Parkes should be sacked as soon as possible if they truly think that was the best team available to them last night. That was a team picked for their pal Tim Sherwood and not for the interests of Aston Villa.

I agree entirely.

• Like 4

Agree with all that as well.  Apart from the fact I think the selection was not for Tim necessarily, but as a result of Tim and Wilkins banging on about the new players not having the stomach for the position we're in.

Whatever they see on the training ground - last night's starting team has already proven itself to be relegation fodder last year so there is no point in ever playing it again.  They WILL be relegated so we have to play the new players, whatever the outcome. It is crystal clear to anyone with half a brain.

I don't blame him for the tactical set up and credit for correcting his massive **** up, though it came too late. He's not an actual football manager either. But he absolutely takes full responsibility for having Ayew and Gil on the bench last night. Amavi I can understand to a degree and I was fine with the rest of the lineup, but dropping Ayew in particular after his performance against Swansea is absolutely criminal.

Calling Sherwood up for advice is astonishingly naive too given the circumstances of his sacking and the words from Lerner about having a pair of balls. As much as I appreciate the guy for what he has achieved with us in the past and the difficult circumstances he found himself in, such spinelessness and idiocy should not be tolerated.

I feel like he's done here now.

• Like 3

In my opinion, im not sure how much KMAC did wrong.  Im not sure the lads who were on the bench could really argue that they've done much to warrant being in the team, afterall, the majority of the summer signings have played a lot of the games this season and been a major factor in why were bottom of the league............... are they as good as we think they are??  Have we bought a load of duds and Sherwood and his Crew realise that?

But I do know that the talk of Conspiracy Theories is a right load of old bollocks.   Professional Pride takes over and if you've got players their that would make a significant difference to the team with the aim of getting a result, then the manager will pick said options.  There is no way theyd "chuck a result" just to prove a point and alienate players in the squad, it just makes no sense at all.  In my opinion there wasn't masses on the bench that was crying out "I should be in this team"   

I hear the cries for Gil.  Yeah he looks neat and tidy, but hes been with us nearly a year and still not forced his way into the worst team weve had in 25 years.  Same goes for the other new lads.

If you listen to the fanbase weve got "great" players in Gil, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Amavi, Illori, Ayew, Traore etc.......................... fact is, they cant be as the bulk of our team on that basis is quality, but yet most cant get in, and were bottom of the league.   This is the most damning verdict for me.  Conspiracy theories is a load of old bollocks.  The players not being as good as we think.  Most definitely

Let's take performances, for e.g. Ayew scores against Swansea, comes on against Soton wins a penalty, then comes on yesterday and scores. If KMac was in charge for weekend, you'd bet a pound to think Ayew would not start considering the past evidence. We have all said it numerous times here, Westwood and Sanchez together as a pair do not work, they never have and never will but yet we continue. Richardson is arguably the worst left back the club has ever seen yet we leave the one we spent just over 8million on, on the bench. Adama, it's no coincidence since his comment on FB about only being given 5mins, that he's been dropped completely. The most bizarre of all is that the a player who is probably the fittest we have is deemed fatigued considering he had 9 days rest. A coincidence that the only player used by KMac yesterday which we'd purchased in the summer was Lescott, so that's nearly 50 odd million worth of talent that is just sitting there. We can sit there and say they are not good enough, but have they really been given a chance, look at Ayew, everyone said he's shit, waste of money, bought the wrong Ayew, a few games and look how much he's putting in. We have been grossly mismanaged and for me KMac and Tony Parkes should be sacked as soon as possible if they truly think that was the best team available to them last night. That was a team picked for their pal Tim Sherwood and not for the interests of Aston Villa.

What's this comment from Traore on Facebook?

Kinda feel that most of the old guard needs to be moved on and be replaced with the new Garde if we are to progress as a club.

K-Mac might be one of them

I agree. K Mac is from a bygone age and has no place in the future of this club. After his 2 team selections and the crud served up he deserves to be binned now before his outdated ways infect the new regime.

I agree entirely.

I also agree that last night's team selection was poor. However, that still doesn't undo the good work he has done with the youth team for years. If you think he hasn't done any good work with the youth team, then that is your opinion and on that basis - yes he should go.

After the Swansea game, he put down a comment on FB complaining about the game time he had been given.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

After the Swansea game, he put down a comment on FB complaining about the game time he had been given.

Do you blame him? Has not started one league such a joke. In the game he did start in league cup he scored

I still don't understand why he'd deliberately leave out our summer buys though? What point does he prove there?

He used Lescott, a summer signing. Even Sinclair was a summer signing that it seemed Sherwood did not want. Even if Lescott was a 'Sherwood-buy' excuse, I don't believe that none of the other summer who were fit but, but let out, were not 'Sherwood-signings'. Kmac went with the team he found best fit for the game. The only thing is Ayew not starting, but that can be viewed as him being better as a sub than a starter for now. Gana might have had a knock that made him train less, so he was a bit unfit. Who knows..?? These conspiracies are just too much.

Edited by momo
  • Like 1

I still don't understand why he'd deliberately leave out our summer buys though? What point does he prove there?

He used Lescott, a summer signing. Even Sinclair was a summer signing that it seemed Sherwood did not want. Even if Lescott was a 'Sherwood-buy' excuse, I don't believe that none of the other summer who were fit but, but let out, were not 'Sherwood-signings'. Kmac went with the team he found best fit for the game. The only thing is Ayew not starting, but that can be viewed as him being better as a sub than a starter for now. Gana might have had a knock that made him train less, so he was a bit unfit. Who knows..?? These conspiracies are just too much.

I can't believe ANYONE really believes K Mac picked that rabble last night and thought it was his best available line up, absolutely NO chance. He did it to spite the board

• Like 1

I can't believe ANYONE really believes K Mac picked that rabble last night and thought it was his best available line up, absolutely NO chance. He did it to spite the board

He picked the best team in his view! To "spite the board" is just VT nonsense. Then you assume he wants Villa to lose, and that I do not believe in a million years.

Edited by momo

momo, what's bothersome is that the team selection was so incredibly bizarre, that conspiracy theories begin to make more sense that anyone who knows football being that blind or inept.

It's not possible to know his motives, but either they were nefarious and he should be removed, or he has no football sense whatsoever and he should be removed.  

I keep hearing of all the "great work" he has done with the team, but I'm not so sure.  Where is the long list of world beaters that came through us and are tearing up the league as starters.  Or that have been sold for great profit to other teams where they are now tearing up the league.  And for everyone you can point to, how many didn't make it?  And how many made it due largely to the direct influence of KMac rather than despite him?   And how do you know that?

Well I have heard they don't feel particularly welcome, the signings were not wanted by Sherwood in the first place and I get the impression that it was coming across. There is a reason Sherwood wanted Huddlestone, Townsend, Lennon,Adebayor etc. Gana was a signing Sherwood wanted and he actually got performances from him, the thing is being a football manager is that you need players who will respond to your approach. The cockney wide boy fire em up give it what you have got works if you have the right players to respond to it. The bulk of our summer signings IMO require a different approach and I am bewildered as to why the club would sign the players they did given our management set up was old school English coaches such as Parks, Kmac, Wilkins etc with a manager in Tim Sherwood who learnt his trade under Redknapp? I struggle to see exactly what Fox,Almstadt and Reilly thought they were doing spending a large chunk of our money on players not wanted by the manager and who character wise were never really likely to get on with him. Typical Villa never really looking at the bigger picture and doing things on the cheap looking to make a fast buck like Benteke. Now yet again we have been forced again into another reactive change to protect the investment and resale value of the new players. The mismanagement of this club at the top end is spectacular and I doubt you will find many more clubs that are fun this badly. The two north east clubs think they have the worst owners in the league, they should have a look at our shit show more closely before they make that claim!

A wild stab in the dark: is it possible that they already had decided what kind of recruitment policy the club needed in order to improve year-on-year? The up-and-at-them guy they hired last year to salvage the season did in fact manage to avoid the drop. If he also could get the best out of the new crop of recruits: great. Keep him on until he's found out. If not: "Well, thank you, you did what you were required to do: keep us up. Now, you've had your chance to prove yourself, and you blew it. Cheerio. Now we're going to find the guy that actually will be able to bring the best out of our new squad."

Or am I attributing way too much intelligence/cunning to the board?

• Like 3

I would be inclined to move him on. If his team choice last night had an agenda, then he deserves to be moved on. And if it was his choice as the best team to put out, then he deserves to be moved on as well, as he is hopelessly outdated, and should not be coaching the kids.

I also think Cowans should go as well, as the academy does not seem to anywhere near as effective as it was. Never mind jobs for the ex players, just get the best we can.

Â