Demitri_C

Maybe the line up was decided by Garde.

Maybe he already knows the French players, and wanted to see what else we had in the locker.

Just a thought.....

Mentioned this in the match thread last night. Makes sense to me..

Apparently a few of the new signings want out already. This has been reflected in their training performances, Garde I'm suspecting has been bought in to protect the investment made in the summer as it appears that most of our outlay has been pissed away on people that don't like it here. Apparently they are simply not trying and appear to have more than a touch of the CNZ's about them. The club is a mess and i'm starting to wonder what effort the pro Sherwood  bunch are are going to put in with Garde. In terms of staff if Garde is going to win the battle then Parks, Kmac and Cowans will need to go

Apparently according to who?

Sounds totally made up to me.  Havent seen or heard anything to suggest that is the case.

• Like 2

Or maybe it was a line up designed to ensure we actually go with the new guys from now on. Basically it was a game we were going to lose anyway so let's pick this lot as they are shit and it makes it easier to then go with all the new guys

KMac has to go along with Parks, if that team wasn't picked to stick up two fingers up at the board, I can see no other reason other than that. How anyone can pick Richardson at LB is beyond me but then to play a CB on the right side who is as left footed as they come is unacceptable.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Having thought about it overnight, I don't think it was some kind of point-proving conspiracy.  I just think K-Mac is a bit thick and/or out of touch with the first team and has been listening to Sherwood & Wilkins saying the new players aren't good enough for a relegation fight. Sherwood would have been picked that team as well.

Still depressing and does make me wonder what he's coaching into the youth.

Apparently a few of the new signings want out already. This has been reflected in their training performances, Garde I'm suspecting has been bought in to protect the investment made in the summer as it appears that most of our outlay has been pissed away on people that don't like it here. Apparently they are simply not trying and appear to have more than a touch of the CNZ's about them. The club is a mess and i'm starting to wonder what effort the pro Sherwood  bunch are are going to put in with Garde. In terms of staff if Garde is going to win the battle then Parks, Kmac and Cowans will need to go

Not sure I believe that. I don't get to hear too much to consider myself ITK but what I did hear was that there was a rift between the African players and the French players. That was a couple of weeks ago and the French players have been conspicuous by their absence recently. I did not hear anything about players wanting out.

If that is true and I have no reason to doubt what I was told then that goes some way to explaining the appointment of Garde who can work with the French players and will be very familiar with working with French speaking African players and hopefully resolve any differences. Given his pedigree of getting the best out of young players too I would hope he proves an inspired appointment.

As for K-Mac it was a woeful team selection and probably clear evidence he is part of the past and not the future.

Edited by Harry

The post MON Kmac team and performance against Newcastle is the only thing that ever prompted me to write a letter to the club. The last couple of teams and performances have been par for the course as far as I'm concerned. Good guy though. Presided over one of the best academies in the country. Youth Fa cup, Next Gen and so on all under him or following his very long period of influence. I felt sorry for him that he left but if he wanted to chance his arm at management then good luck to him. If he contributed in any way into getting through to some of the players he knew well last season when Sherwood brought him back then it was a good idea.
Whether there are issues between him and Lerner who knows? Whether he has an agenda against the club like Sherwood did allegedly in the form of lineup conspiracies, who knows?

Some of the stuff on here is well over the top though. I find the idea of Kmac and Cowans being tossed aside at this point rather distasteful. If Garde has any sense he'll keep them both on this year as they know the club inside and out, they've known and worked with some of the players since their early teens, They have been here through the entirety of the Lerner shambles and will be a valuable source of info for him and great sounding boards. Even more so when he has the option to dump them in charge of the nippers and keep them away from first team matters if he chooses.

If they're not on board, if they dont get on with Garde, If they dont perform their duties to contractual standards, or act unprofessionally. If they bully the tea lady - then fine, wave them goodbye. But much is made of Lerner getting rid of "football people" who have been at the club for years. I cant see any point in turning on our own at this point and I just dont buy into the idea that they have a cancerous effect on anything.

• Like 3

KM screwed up royally last night. It felt like he hated being in charge and was so out of touch that he thought he'd better choose a team that Sherwood would have picked - Sherwood who was just sacked for picking poor teams. I don't blame KM for not wanting to be in charge, he was probably the only option to cover while Garde was negotiating - but thank fook it was only for one premier league game.

Not sure I believe that. I don't get to hear too much to consider myself ITK but what I did hear was that there was a rift between the African players and the French players. That was a couple of weeks ago and the French players have been conspicuous by their absence recently. I dod not hear anything about players wanting out.

If that is true and I have no reason to doubt what I was told then that goes some way to explaining the appointment of Garde who can work with the French players and will be very familiar with working with French speaking African players and hopefully resolve any differences. Given his pedigree of getting the best out of young players too I would hope he proves an inspired appointment.

As for K-Mac it was a woeful team selection and probably clear evidence he is part of the past and not the future.

Well I have heard they don't feel particularly welcome, the signings were not wanted by Sherwood in the first place and I get the impression that it was coming across. There is a reason Sherwood wanted Huddlestone, Townsend, Lennon,Adebayor etc. Gana was a signing Sherwood wanted and he actually got performances from him, the thing is being a football manager is that you need players who will respond to your approach. The cockney wide boy fire em up give it what you have got works if you have the right players to respond to it. The bulk of our summer signings IMO require a different approach and I am bewildered as to why the club would sign the players they did given our management set up was old school English coaches such as Parks, Kmac, Wilkins etc with a manager in Tim Sherwood who learnt his trade under Redknapp? I struggle to see exactly what Fox,Almstadt and Reilly thought they were doing spending a large chunk of our money on players not wanted by the manager and who character wise were never really likely to get on with him. Typical Villa never really looking at the bigger picture and doing things on the cheap looking to make a fast buck like Benteke. Now yet again we have been forced again into another reactive change to protect the investment and resale value of the new players. The mismanagement of this club at the top end is spectacular and I doubt you will find many more clubs that are fun this badly. The two north east clubs think they have the worst owners in the league, they should have a look at our shit show more closely before they make that claim!

• Like 1

In my opinion, im not sure how much KMAC did wrong.  Im not sure the lads who were on the bench could really argue that they've done much to warrant being in the team, afterall, the majority of the summer signings have played a lot of the games this season and been a major factor in why were bottom of the league............... are they as good as we think they are??  Have we bought a load of duds and Sherwood and his Crew realise that?

I don't now im just playing devils advocate

But I do know that the talk of Conspiracy Theories is a right load of old bollocks.   Professional Pride takes over and if you've got players their that would make a significant difference to the team with the aim of getting a result, then the manager will pick said options.  There is no way theyd "chuck a result" just to prove a point and alienate players in the squad, it just makes no sense at all.  In my opinion there wasn't masses on the bench that was crying out "I should be in this team"   

I hear the cries for Gil.  Yeah he looks neat and tidy, but hes been with us nearly a year and still not forced his way into the worst team weve had in 25 years.  Same goes for the other new lads.

If you listen to the fanbase weve got "great" players in Gil, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Amavi, Illori, Ayew, Traore etc.......................... fact is, they cant be as the bulk of our team on that basis is quality, but yet most cant get in, and were bottom of the league.   This is the most damning verdict for me.  Conspiracy theories is a load of old bollocks.  The players not being as good as we think.  Most definitely

Yup, anyone thinking Garde had anything to do with playing a pretty flat 4-4-2 with those players is on better drugs than I ever had the pleasure of trying.

Clearly KMac's side, same shape as Southampton. If we can take anything from it then it was that when Sanchez's brain is switched on he's a very good asset, Gil looked very good and sparked our best period of the game, and if he's doing that in training why the fudge didn't he start? Clark apart from the howling awfulness of being so easily out muscled (admittedly on the wrong side of the pitch for him) was good. Lescott still a mixed bag, no cover for Clark for the first goal but some great interventions when he was last or near to last man. Whatever Kmac's instructions were to Gabby he clearly didn't carry them out as he got (rightly) hooked at half time. Either Gabby didn't understand what he was supposed to be doing or he wanted the night off as he completely disappeared. 

All in all poor from KMac but I can understand him wanting to use a system he knows well given such a short space of time to work with the players. Pochetino would have been rubbing his hands at us playing 4-4-2 though, ripe for playing in between the lines. Tactically outdone but I don't want to be too harsh on KMac, he had a thankless task and he just tried to play it safe I think. Long way back from here now.

• Like 1

Â