Demitri_C

I read somewhere earlier that Kmac has said the confidence in the team us extremely low. I think this is something that has been apparent in the team for a long time (under Lambert and sherwood) and something that needs addressing. Do we have psychologists at the club? Surely that us something that needs to be brought in.

This is the thing they are paid a fortuine and act like absolute losers. Grow some balls FFS and stop acting like kids. Give your all for the club. What I dont understand is we have a huge squad. We should be saying to players if you play crap your out and someone else will get your spot in the side. Thats the point of competition and instead its accepted "THAT THEY "LOW ON CONFIDENCE"

its really irritating seeing grown men paid vast sums of money but play and act like losers

What's more irritating is attitudes like this that assume that because somebody is paid a lot, that automatically means they should be confident and motivated 100% of the time.

It doesn't work like that. The most professional players in the world are still affected by confidence issues.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I read somewhere earlier that Kmac has said the confidence in the team us extremely low. I think this is something that has been apparent in the team for a long time (under Lambert and sherwood) and something that needs addressing. Do we have psychologists at the club? Surely that us something that needs to be brought in.

This is the thing they are paid a fortuine and act like absolute losers. Grow some balls FFS and stop acting like kids. Give your all for the club. What I dont understand is we have a huge squad. We should be saying to players if you play crap your out and someone else will get your spot in the side. Thats the point of competition and instead its accepted "THAT THEY "LOW ON CONFIDENCE"

its really irritating seeing grown men paid vast sums of money but play and act like losers

What's more irritating is attitudes like this that assume that because somebody is paid a lot, that automatically means they should be confident and motivated 100% of the time.

It doesn't work like that. The most professional players in the world are still affected by confidence issues.

its not just one player though is it Stevo?? You can hide and blame the managers as much as you like but you cant pussyfoot around these players,they have to take responsibility as we have been crap for a long time now performing like losers just like in the cup final

Im sorry that this"irritates you" but its the truth your paid a significant amount of money, fans pay to come see you show some heart, passion something to repay them and the players havw failed to deliver (again)

• Like 1

It not being one player is pretty normal too giving the run of results we've had. Confidence can be the difference between taking one or two touches of the ball, quite often in this league at a crucial moment you don't get two touches. Repeat that for 90 minutes and we've lost again.

its not just one player though is it Stevo?? You can hide and blame the managers as much as you like but you cant pussyfoot around these players,they have to take responsibility as we have been crap for a long time now performing like losers just like in the cup final

Im sorry that this"irritates you" but its the truth your paid a significant amount of money, fans pay to come see you show some heart, passion something to repay them and the players havw failed to deliver (again)

It's not the truth though Dem. It's something you've made up.

Money is not the only motivator. 

Made up? Confused Stevo dont understand that at all. i havent said its just money but its a factor. players can only hide behind a manager for so long

Made up? Confused Stevo dont understand that at all. i havent said its just money but its a factor. players can only hide behind a manager for so long

It's a factor. THat's my point. It's only one factor, not the only factor.

So you can pay someone all the money in the world, if the other motivational factors are lacking then they won't be motivated.

You've proved your own point wrong there.

K Mac being an apologist for Sherwood, isn't going to help anything.

Would prefer for him to use Tim as a scapegoat and act like now is a fresh start for the players to do things better.

Not 'aww crap Tim was awesome, so therefore we're all just shit'

Would prefer for him to use Tim as a scapegoat and act like now is a fresh start for the players to do things better.

Tim got him the job he loved back, KMac is villa to his bones, Tim brought him back into the fold, he really isn't gonna say Tim was a cockney gobshite is he?

So you can pay someone all the money in the world, if the other motivational factors are lacking then they won't be motivated.

I think you misunderstood my point stevo, I meant money is a big factor but NOT only factor. I think they all need to just grow a pair of balls. Real men get the strength to overcome things when they dont go their way and we have too many fragile players at the club. Richards and Ayew have been the only players recently that I have seen that have shown heart and up for the fight. the rest are like cowards on the pitch. Senderos might not be one of the best players but man could he fire up his team-mates. We need players like that

Tim got him the job he loved back, KMac is villa to his bones, Tim brought him back into the fold, he really isn't gonna say Tim was a cockney gobshite is he?

No I get that, but as Ronan Keating once said 'you say it best when you say nothing at all,'

no-one is forcing KMac to come out all with this negative crap

• Like 2

I think you misunderstood my point stevo, I meant money is a big factor but NOT only factor. I think they all need to just grow a pair of balls. Real men get the strength to overcome things when they dont go their way and we have too many fragile players at the club. Richards and Ayew have been the only players recently that I have seen that have shown heart and up for the fight. the rest are like cowards on the pitch. Senderos might not be one of the best players but man could he fire up his team-mates. We need players like that

http://www.forbes.com/sites/glennllopis/2012/06/04/top-9-things-that-ultimately-motivate-employees-to-achieve/

I would say the first point is something we've been lacking for a very long time..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/glennllopis/2012/06/04/top-9-things-that-ultimately-motivate-employees-to-achieve/

I would say the first point is something we've been lacking for a very long time..

And point 3 should be the ultimate motivator here on in.

Theyre paid thousands yes (as per above) but so are their opponents.

The earnings aspect is negated as its a factor for both teams. Is there a difference between (really) £50kpw and £55kpw? Not in my mind. Do you not work as hard as you can in your job because someone in a different office is earning more?

You've confused confidence with bravery. They're not cowering in a corner refusing to play, they are still going out there every week and for most part they are having a bloody good go.

They're not machines Dem. They are human beings, with feelings and shit. All the money in the world won't change that. EVERYONE suffers from confidence issues from time to time, even "real men". Some are better at hiding it, on a football pitch there is literally nowhere to hide.

• Like 2

I think they all need to just grow a pair of balls. Real men get the strength to overcome things when they dont go their way and we have too many fragile players at the club. 

Surely im not the only one who finds this very cringy to read. "not real men" because theyre effected in a negative way to losing multiple games in a row and knowing if theyre going to make a single mistake a bunch of eejits is going to hurl (likely personal) abuse at them? The pressure would be f'n huge for them

Oh you think "they just need to grow a pair of balls". what a very simplistic look on the situation. What idiots those sports psychologists are getting paid thousands (possibly millions) and they havent even thought of telling them to grow a set of balls. So easy to say "do this" and "do that" when  you have never been in their situation or have a clue on the emotions. (in before they get paid thousands to deal with this, no they get paid thousands because their foot can kick a ball well, not because theyve shown they can handle incredibly tough times (relatively speaking ofc))

You as psychologist. Woodytom as manager. Aston villa would rise to the top of the table in no time.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

Â