Demitri_C

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not trying to sound like a prick.

But is this "actual bullying", or new age youngsters being pansies?

I used to play semi pro rugby, and some of the treatment we got then would probably be considered crimes against humanity in this era! Lol

Aren't the allegations against him concerning youth players, some of which are essentially children... I don't care how much you get paid bullying is bullying, and bullying children by an adult in a position of power and trust is not acceptable in anyway.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Aren't the allegations against him concerning youth players, some of which are essentially children... I don't care how much you get paid bullying is bullying, and bullying children by an adult in a position of power and trust is not acceptable in anyway.

I would disagree - in football I would argue there is very fine and often blurred line - between bullying and being told to 'get your act together'  or 'you're not good enough'  

The whole thing sounds dubious me - It sounds like a plot to oust Kmac. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I would disagree - in football I would argue there is very fine and often blurred line - between bullying and being told to 'get your act together'  or 'you're not good enough'  

The whole thing sounds dubious me - It sounds like a plot to oust Kmac. 

Even if it's children? 

49 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Even if it's children? 

My son has played football since 9 years of age. Mostly its been fantastic for him. once  he was left out of team after scoring 4 goals the week before - moved to a CB so the managers son could play center mid - given rollockings for getting caught in possession - some of it broke his heart - as his father I tried a strike a balance between supporting him - but forewarning him that the lesson he was learning that life isn't fair  .....Overall he learned to handle himself - if a coach give a rollocking he thought was unjust - he learned to stand up for himself and give his side of the story.

Not once as his father did I approach a manager coach - and try to bounce my lad into the starting 11 or get him treatment over and above what his performances justified. Hiding behind his dad isn't a skill I would want to teach my kids ....YMMV....

Edited by hippo
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, coda said:

Sounds like my old P.E. teacher.

In what way? There is zero fleshing out of the allegations in either article. 

I agree with @JAMAICAN-VILLAN in that I do have to wonder if this is actual bullying which of course is unacceptable, or if it's 'generation snowflake' flexing it's, erm, muscle. 

We live in a hypersensitive age and maybe people like MacDonald are falling by the wayside. I say maybe as we don't know what happened. Either way I don't think he should receive hate for being of a bygone era, if that is the case. It happens to owners, managers, players, coaches, even fans all the time. 

• Like 2

I don't know all the ins and outs of the accusations but I suppose that's what the inquiry in to it all is for. 

If it's physical abuse/humiliation of children, I don't think that's acceptable and that's what I've assumed... could be wrong though. 

I don't think telling someone how to get better, or telling them off when they're wrong is bullying so I agree with you there, none of what you describe is what I would think of as bullying.

Edit: Sorry, this is @hippo :)

Edited by alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't know all the ins and outs of the accusations but I suppose that's what the inquiry in to it all is for. 

If it's physical abuse/humiliation of children, I don't think that's acceptable and that's what I've assumed... could be wrong though. 

I don't think telling someone how to get better, or telling them off when they're wrong is bullying so I agree with you there, none of what you describe is what I would think of as bullying.

Edit: Sorry, this is @hippo :)

You definitely are. He would have been sacked on the spot. 

There are 'methods' of coaching that once were accepted, (if not acceptable), that now are not.  See Shane Sutton at British Cycling for details.  If you don't adapt your style and methods to keep up with the times you become at least irrelevant and at worst guilty of bullying / racism / sexism / xenophobia - whatever.  Without knowing any details, my impression of K Mac from his period as interim manager was that he is well past his sell-by date.

• Like 4

i read it as he shouted at them a fair bit using some colourful language probably in front of the rest of the group and someone has taken offence to it

i wouldnt even say im that old (32) but when i was a 13-16 year old at school bar maybe some of the swearing that was pretty much every day and my mom finding out id been shouted out was what maximus means when he says "unleash hell" i used to get it 10x worse

needs far more fleshing out, at the moment i still think its a player on the edge of the squad having a bit of moan because he feels hard done by and his dream of being a multi millionaire footballer is slipping away and of course its someone else's fault, if im wrong so be it but id rather head off in that direction then suggest everything wrong with villa at the moment starts with Kmac bullying the youth team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

my impression of K Mac from his period as interim manager was that he is well past his sell-by date.

Yup. You need progressive people in charge of coaching, especially those in charge of youngsters. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You definitely are. He would have been sacked on the spot. 

Yeah, I probably jumped to the wrong conclusion there. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes out of it all. TBH I'd forgotten that he was still with us.

There is a way of coaching players now it's changed in the last 5/10 years the ruling by fear is long gone you just can't do it anymore regardless of what the coach believes themselves there is a line you cannot cross and being abusive to players is unacceptable there is other ways and means to get the best out of players .

• 5 months later...

Saw an article he other day and can't remember where apologies. Bruce was saying how k mac has been integral to the development of all the villa youth coming in to the team. Said something along the lines of he is very old school and some don't like that, but all the players that make it will be hard working and determined because of K Mac. After tonight I'd imagine the praise is justified. Some cracking kids coming through it appears.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bruce will be a fan because he's also a dinosaur.

In what way is he a dinosaur? He may be "old school" in the way he treats players, but the players that have come through under him in the main have been small technically gifted players. The opposite of what you'd expect from a dinosaur who just wants athletes

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

In what way is he a dinosaur? He may be "old school" in the way he treats players, but the players that have come through under him in the main have been small technically gifted players. The opposite of what you'd expect from a dinosaur who just wants athletes

The style of "football" he produced when in charge of the first team was preposterous.

Those bullying rumours don't sit well with me either.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

The style of "football" he produced when in charge of the first team was preposterous.

Those bullying rumours don't sit well with me either.

So you want to judge him on his interim role in the first team, and "rumours" instead of the facts of several cracking academy prospects coming into tne first team set up in for all to see.

Dinosaur?? Dinosaur opinnion more like. 

• Like 1

Â