Demitri_C

I don't blame him for the tactical set up and credit for correcting his massive **** up, though it came too late. He's not an actual football manager either. But he absolutely takes full responsibility for having Ayew and Gil on the bench last night. Amavi I can understand to a degree and I was fine with the rest of the lineup, but dropping Ayew in particular after his performance against Swansea is absolutely criminal.

Calling Sherwood up for advice is astonishingly naive too given the circumstances of his sacking and the words from Lerner about having a pair of balls. As much as I appreciate the guy for what he has achieved with us in the past and the difficult circumstances he found himself in, such spinelessness and idiocy should not be tolerated.

I feel like he's done here now.

wait, he called Tactics Tim for advice??

I don't blame him for the tactical set up and credit for correcting his massive **** up, though it came too late. He's not an actual football manager either. But he absolutely takes full responsibility for having Ayew and Gil on the bench last night. Amavi I can understand to a degree and I was fine with the rest of the lineup, but dropping Ayew in particular after his performance against Swansea is absolutely criminal.

Calling Sherwood up for advice is astonishingly naive too given the circumstances of his sacking and the words from Lerner about having a pair of balls. As much as I appreciate the guy for what he has achieved with us in the past and the difficult circumstances he found himself in, such spinelessness and idiocy should not be tolerated.

I believe so yes, though the fact is a little spurious as I might have read it on here!

I don't think his team selections indicte he has an agenda.

I think in both premier league games he looked to pick a 'back to basics' defensive 4-4-2 line-up in an attempt to 'stop the rot' and then look to bring on attacking substitutes as the game developed.

I think he's was just being overly safe, though it still backfired. 

I think in both premier league games he looked to pick a 'back to basics' defensive 4-4-2 line-up in an attempt to 'stop the rot' and then look to bring on attacking substitutes as the game developed.

He's been in charge for 1 premier league game. I know it feels like longer.

I'm still in shock over that lineup.

Unless conveniently all our new players & ones that have done stuff in games did **** all in training all week so weren't picked, yeah right. If thats true then we'll know when the first proper team selection from our new manger is similar.

But a 1 legged rocking horse wouldn't pick Richardson at left back, the bloke is stealing a living along with billy big bollocks Gabby.

Edited by VillaForever1970
  • Like 1

Apparently a few of the new signings want out already. This has been reflected in their training performances, Garde I'm suspecting has been bought in to protect the investment made in the summer as it appears that most of our outlay has been pissed away on people that don't like it here. Apparently they are simply not trying and appear to have more than a touch of the CNZ's about them. The club is a mess and i'm starting to wonder what effort the pro Sherwood  bunch are are going to put in with Garde. In terms of staff if Garde is going to win the battle then Parks, Kmac and Cowans will need to go

Apparently this is absolute bollocks.

• Like 1

momo, what's bothersome is that the team selection was so incredibly bizarre, that conspiracy theories begin to make more sense that anyone who knows football being that blind or inept.

It's not possible to know his motives, but either they were nefarious and he should be removed, or he has no football sense whatsoever and he should be removed.  

I keep hearing of all the "great work" he has done with the team, but I'm not so sure.  Where is the long list of world beaters that came through us and are tearing up the league as starters.  Or that have been sold for great profit to other teams where they are now tearing up the league.  And for everyone you can point to, how many didn't make it?  And how many made it due largely to the direct influence of KMac rather than despite him?   And how do you know that?

I don't understand why this team selection was so much worse than what Sherwood put out. Sherwood rarely used Gil. Sherwood always used Agbonlahor when fit (so did most managers at Villa), Sherwood put Amavi out of the team and Richardson in. Lescott is a summer signing that played, so it was not a team free of summer signings. Richards would have played, but he had an unnecessary suspension. The only thing you can argue is Gana, but KMac gave an explanation for that. It is fine as a supporter to disagree with a line up, but to insinuate that a highly respected coach at Villa sabotages on purpose is way out of order.

With regards to players Kmac has coached in the youth team that has made an impression in the Premier League, from the top of my head and only in my opininion:

1) England international and Premier League champion 2014/2015, and more: Gary Cahill

2) Highest scorer in the Premier League for Aston Villa with 73 goals: Gabriel Agbonlahor

3) Scottish Premier League champion 3 times, and more: Steven Davis

4) Football League Cup winner 2011: Craig Gardener

5) Football League Cup winner 2013: Peter Whittingham

6) Special mentions to players that are doing well: Marc Albrighton, Jack Grealish (coveted by England and Ireland), Luke Moore, Ciaran Clark, Nathan Baker and many more playing all over the world and lower leagues in England.

7) Special mention to Daniel Crowley, now Arsenal. Don't know if Kmac had any coaching of him, but still a player from the youth set up that is highly rated.

I really don't know how you again insinuate that he is a bad coach. Villa has a great youth team set up, and Kmac was there setting it up and working hard for years and this is the thank you he gets. One team sheet, and now people on VT puke out stuff like this is embarrassing. Did you really think that any other team and formation would have won at Tottenham?

• Like 3

I would be inclined to move him on. If his team choice last night had an agenda, then he deserves to be moved on. And if it was his choice as the best team to put out, then he deserves to be moved on as well, as he is hopelessly outdated, and should not be coaching the kids.

I also think Cowans should go as well, as the academy does not seem to anywhere near as effective as it was. Never mind jobs for the ex players, just get the best we can.

I honestly cannot think of a coach I would want at Aston Villa anywhere in the world more than Gordon Cowans.

I believe so yes, though the fact is a little spurious as I might have read it on here!

He didn't and in any case the context was about playing Tottenham, so given Sherwoods previosu there it is not so incredible. He said “I could (pick his brains) but you obviously have to look at what else we have here,” he said. We also have Tony Parks here plus young coaches Ben Petty and Stuart Taylor." Parks was also at Spurs. People are just making it up as they go along to serve their conspiracy theories.

• Like 2

He's been in charge for 1 premier league game. I know it feels like longer.

Haha of course. I was thinking the Southampton game was a league game for some reason. All our losses seem to blur together.

• Like 2

I would be inclined to move him on. If his team choice last night had an agenda, then he deserves to be moved on. And if it was his choice as the best team to put out, then he deserves to be moved on as well, as he is hopelessly outdated, and should not be coaching the kids.

I also think Cowans should go as well, as the academy does not seem to anywhere near as effective as it was. Never mind jobs for the ex players, just get the best we can.

I honestly cannot think of a coach I would want at Aston Villa anywhere in the world more than Gordon Cowans.

I loved Cowans as a player, but being a fantastic player does not necessarily mean you will be a good coach. I want the best possible for my club.

• Like 2

No Agenda here except wanting Villa to be the best.

I think Time has come for K Mac to move on, thanks for all the work and dedication to Villa but something just isnt working.

He has been involved with our Reserves for a long time but in that time we do not seem to have anyone really breakout of the reserves into the first team.   Even when they were winning the reserve league year after year no one really broke through.

We appear to create great Youth Teams but something goes wrong in the middle bit when they work their way to the First Team, which of course is via the Reserve Team.

If we are not Spending the money we need to be developing the Talent.

• Like 1

Smacks of McCarthyism on here at the moment. The vitriol towards KMac is unbelievable which makes me wonder if others have an agenda and are settling scores in some way. Nothing would surprise me!

Mike I thought that too but then reflected and think it's actually people wanting a chance to cut out all bad at the club.  There is something rotten at VP and BMH.  Yes Randy is a huge problem but there is also something more than that.  Sherwood's losers comment was pretty close for me.  There is a mentality / culture at the club we need to get rid of.  It's part of me saying the whole club is in a mess.  I think the comments you reference are actually about people wanting to cut out this culture from the club completely and perhaps being a little over zealous in that.

I don't understand why this team selection was so much worse than what Sherwood put out. Sherwood rarely used Gil. Sherwood always used Agbonlahor when fit (so did most managers at Villa), Sherwood put Amavi out of the team and Richardson in. Lescott is a summer signing that played, so it was not a team free of summer signings. Richards would have played, but he had an unnecessary suspension. The only thing you can argue is Gana, but KMac gave an explanation for that. It is fine as a supporter to disagree with a line up, but to insinuate that a highly respected coach at Villa sabotages on purpose is way out of order.

The problem isn't that is was so much worse than Sherwood.  The problem was that it was the same as Sherwood.  A team proven not to work.  A team that, apart from Lescott, was only good enough to be relegated last season (if not saved by Benteke).  The problem was not choosing any of the players we spent £50m on.  When they did belatedly get on, we started to play so much better.

When the team was announced everyone on here could see that it was not good enough.  The pundits were laughing at it.  I know he had to step in and was only warming the seat for Remi, but if you know for a fact that a particular group of players has failed repeatedly, why not chance your arm and try something more progressive.  Don't go down the same road as the manager who has just been sacked.  I don't think there's any big conspiracy, but I do think it's bloody stupid.

• Like 3

The problem isn't that is was so much worse than Sherwood.  The problem was that it was the same as Sherwood.  A team proven not to work.  A team that, apart from Lescott, was only good enough to be relegated last season (if not saved by Benteke).  The problem was not choosing any of the players we spent £50m on.  When they did belatedly get on, we started to play so much better.

When the team was announced everyone on here could see that it was not good enough.  The pundits were laughing at it.  I know he had to step in and was only warming the seat for Remi, but if you know for a fact that a particular group of players has failed repeatedly, why not chance your arm and try something more progressive.  Don't go down the same road as the manager who has just been sacked.  I don't think there's any big conspiracy, but I do think it's bloody stupid.

I is fine to disagree with a line up. I was just commenting on people saying he sabotages on purpose, which is wide of the mark. 

Â