One For The Road

Guzan (or Bunn as a free hit)

Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi

Vertout Sanchez Gana

Gill Grealish

Ayew

subs

any from

Bunn Hutton Okore (if fit) Richardson Westwood Gardner Sinclair Gestede Kozak Traore

NO Gaby NO Lescott

We should have Formation Tactics Style-intent and the men sorted from the boys by Watford. Even if Lerner sticks with KMcD while Moyes & Rodgers turn us down till he appoints Bradley or Pearson. (Heaven forbid)

IMHO if we cant get Moyes or Rodgers we should stick with KMcD till the end of the season - it may just unfold that even with an improvement we are  already down which is Lerners/Fox's & TS's fault not the new Managers

Honestly don't know how we will lineup for this, but if I remember KMac's brief stint 5 years ago, he played people in their proper positions and we went out to win the game (with varying degrees of success). My guess....

Guzan

Hutton Richards Lescott Amavi

Bacuna Gana Westwood

Grealish

Gestede Gabby

If was my choice.....

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Amavi

Traore Gana Sanchez Grealish

Gestede Ayew

I don't think Grealish is doing enough in a free role, so lets play him on the left hand side and allow him the freedom to cut inside as much as he wants.

Unfortunately I think we could get a hiding here - 3-0 or 4-0 wouldn't be a shock.

Would like...

--------------Guzan----------------

-Hut--Illori(yeah right)--Richards--Amavi-

---------Sanchez--Gana---------

-Traore--------Gil--------Grealish-

----------------Ayew------------------

Will be...

--------------Guzan----------------

-Hut--Lescott--Richards--Amavi-

---------Westwood--Gana---------

-Ayew--------Gabby--------Grealish-

----------------Gestede------------------

Dead rubber - focus on the league. FOCUS on the league...

Wave your hand in front of your face, Jedi style and say,

"Aston Villa, WILL, focus on the league..."

Dead rubber??? You tell that to me and the other 3,000 fans travelling down there on a Wednesday night! It's the League Cup and represents one of only two chances of success each season. Win this and we are in a quarter final and with a new manager coming in we can all have a bit of positivity for a change. Why people totally disregard the cup competitions is completely beyond me. I'd LOVE to see us lift that trophy again, espacially after the shambles in May. Bring it on!

I hope you get there and back safely and that you have a good time, I really do. And I'd love Villa to win a trophy again in my lifetime... But, we really do have to get up off the bottom of the league. So yeah, dead rubber for this season. Sorry, that's just how I roll.