New manager

KJT123

To be honest I couldn't care who we get as a new manager. This club is in a mess and it will take more than a new manager to change that.

Lerner needs to go, but we're only a mess because of an incompetent manager and a tight owner.

Replace two characters and we're back. We can do one, and the other is probably desired by the owner himself as well.

• Like 1

I don't think Moyes is available/will come. I also think that it is too soon for Rodgers who will want a break. Pearson is a total nutjob so I really hope it's not him. That leave Garde who I know nothing about - into the unknown then!

If we get Garde then I'm happy, we've had way too many limited and too rigid british managers.

One of the big flaws I see lookinh from the outside of britain is the rigid way of thinking by british managers/coaches and inability to react in changes in the game/league.

At least continental manager has a chance to bring something new and new kind of thinking.

IMO it's obvious when watching what's been going on in the premier league in the last 10 years that british managers just doesn't work anymore so if that's not working then it's time to try something new.

• Like 1

I don't think Moyes is available/will come. I also think that it is too soon for Rodgers who will want a break. Pearson is a total nutjob so I really hope it's not him. That leave Garde who I know nothing about - into the unknown then!

I too don't think Moyes will come, all these reports in the press that Moyes wants the job must be unsettling for his current employers unless they look at Aston villa being a much bigger step then they (sociedad) are currently. I honestly really don't know who the best option will be.

If it is going to be Garde, then I hope we get him in immediately i.e. today or tomorrow. If he can have a positive impact and inspire the players tomorrow night (Sherwood v Leicester style dare I say it), it will be a massive boost before Monday. We need a win to stop the rot, even if its in the cup.

It would be classic Villa to dick-around now for 2-3 weeks before appointing the man they want, and in that time we slip further behind. We need to give new manager a chance to work with the players for a few days at least before a massive game at Spurs...

While it's quite clear that the quicker we can get someone in place the better, you can't rush appointments this important. You've got to get the right person first of all (and we'd all hope work on a shortlist of potentially right people has been going on for some time), then you've got to get all the terms agreed. That's not as simple as just throw more money at them to sign quickly (which wouldn't be a great way to run a business), but what they will and won't be in control of as well as clauses in case it doesn't work out. It shouldn't take 2 to 3 weeks but if we go in to next weekends game with KMc in charge because we're getting it right, that's better than appointing the wrong man quickly. 

If it is going to be Garde, then I hope we get him in immediately i.e. today or tomorrow. If he can have a positive impact and inspire the players tomorrow night (Sherwood v Leicester style dare I say it), it will be a massive boost before Monday. We need a win to stop the rot, even if its in the cup.

It would be classic Villa to dick-around now for 2-3 weeks before appointing the man they want, and in that time we slip further behind. We need to give new manager a chance to work with the players for a few days at least before a massive game at Spurs...

While it's quite clear that the quicker we can get someone in place the better, you can't rush appointments this important. You've got to get the right person first of all (and we'd all hope work on a shortlist of potentially right people has been going on for some time), then you've got to get all the terms agreed. That's not as simple as just throw more money at them to sign quickly (which wouldn't be a great way to run a business), but what they will and won't be in control of as well as clauses in case it doesn't work out. It shouldn't take 2 to 3 weeks but if we go in to next weekends game with KMc in charge because we're getting it right, that's better than appointing the wrong man quickly. 

Yeah but what I'm saying is - if they know its going to be Garde, then they should get him in asap, every single day, points and game is crucial now. The only reason for delay is if they are speaking to other candidates.

Villa's record with anybody French is just shit, before the influx from ligue1 this season we have had Didier Six, David Ginola, Robert Pires, Matthieu Berson, Aly Sissoko and Gerard Houllier. You'd think we would have learnt by now........

There is an exception to this rule. Charles N'Zogbia. You cant deny he's been superb

Villa's record with anybody French is just shit, before the influx from ligue1 this season we have had Didier Six, David Ginola, Robert Pires, Matthieu Berson, Aly Sissoko and Gerard Houllier. You'd think we would have learnt by now........

In superb VT style you've written off our new manager before he's had his picture taken.

Just stating a FACT that for some reason Villa and French players/managers have a record of turning out to be a bit of a disaster

True - although I'm in the camp that Houllier was almost there with us.

I totally forgot about him :D

I too don't think Moyes will come, all these reports in the press that Moyes wants the job must be unsettling for his current employers unless they look at Aston villa being a much bigger step then they (sociedad) are currently. I honestly really don't know who the best option will be.

If Moyes had any sense at all he would stay in Spain

Our recent record with British players/managers is pretty bad.   Clearly they means they don't suit villa and we shouldn't bring any new ones in.   That rules out most of the other names suggested on here.

Remi Garde IMO would be a disastrous appointment, I'm pretty much 100% he would relegate us.Thanks to Tom Fox's willingness to give Sherwood 2 more games (why, oh why ?) the most able guy for the job Allardyce has gone.

For me Sean Dyche - at least if we get relegated there would be a case for not changing the manager as he has an excellent record in the championship. Won't happen of course, pretty sure our new manager will be currently unemployed. 

Obviously Trent is a well respected ITK - But I don't think even fox and co would be that stupid. Id be putting money on Garde not lasting the season TBH

Remi Garde IMO would be a disastrous appointment, I'm pretty much 100% he would relegate us.Thanks to Tom Fox's willingness to give Sherwood 2 more games (why, oh why ?) the most able guy for the job Allardyce has gone.

For me Sean Dyche - at least if we get relegated there would be a case for not changing the manager as he has an excellent record in the championship. Won't happen of course, pretty sure our new manager will be currently unemployed. 

Obviously Trent is a well respected ITK - But I don't think even fox and co would be that stupid. Id be putting money on Garde not lasting the season TBH

A "disastrous appointment" based on what exactly? Have you read anything about him? 

Sorry guys is it just me or does that article basically say he didn't do that well (with the caveat of player departures). Not that inspiring unless i'm mising something important?

I think he did quite well considering the circumstances. It's not like Lyon is the only big club in the league. They shipped out a whole team of stars and replaced them with unknows in his tenure, and the article also suggest he was forced to play a certain way to accommodate a couple of big signings made before he took charge.