New manager

KJT123

I'm **** sick of Collymore too. Some of what he says may be true, but it's lost in a sea of bile and resentment.

What he knows about Remi Garde would fit on a postage stamp. Why blind the message with such twaddle?

this. the man has a point sure,but the constant moaning is getting tiresome.

I'm **** sick of Collymore too. Some of what he says may be true, but it's lost in a sea of bile and resentment.

What he knows about Remi Garde would fit on a postage stamp. Why blind the message with such twaddle?

what we all know about garde would fit on a postage stamp. So I'm lost as to why people think this is a good appointment.

It might be. It might not. We just simply don't know.

You say this, yet you said you 100% agree with Stan's article and everything he says. Which includes that Garde isn't a good appointment because he has no experience.

Hypocritical.

• Like 2

what we all know about garde would fit on a postage stamp. So I'm lost as to why people think this is a good appointment.

Stan knows. Apparently. 

• Like 4

Really getting fed up with Stan's whinging about the club. My 'sources' tell me he's a total bellend who's full of shit. 

(I have no sources.)

He's a fan, he's fed up and he's using his media profile to apply pressure on the people running the club.  Fair play to him, I hope it continues. 

he's a bitter person who loved Fox in the summer now it seems he hates him because he sacked Sherwood and took his programme column off him. Collymore fell for Sherwoods PR. Fox has been in the role 12 months Almstadt not even 4 months. I think most of us liked the signings in the summer and we are trying to get a system in place that doesn't get ripped up every time a manager leaves. It works very well at Southampton and it's what we need Garde is a gamble but anybody is now 

I actually agree that this model is the right one, but it doesn't mean we've got the right people implementing the model.  I want Garde here but I think Stan makes some good points about the people at the top. The club is a mess and has been a mess for far too long.

Reilly and Almstadt  should not be anywhere near a premier league football club

And yet good enough for Arsenal and Liverpool?

About 6 weeks ago, in a little pub in Cannock, Stan was telling a couple of Villa fans that we were heading down under Sherwood.

Its an amazing how an agenda can change an opinion.

TBH if anyone goes to pubs in Cannock they are probably not the most intelligent people on the planet.

• Like 2

You say this, yet you said you 100% agree with Stan's article and everything he says. Which includes that Garde isn't a good appointment because he has no experience.

Hypocritical.

no he actually says hes not sure whether we'd stay up or not with garde. 

He says that the way we've chosen garde isn't ideal and I have to agree, if he's been picked in anyway shape or form similar to how these god awful players we have were picked.

I think someone can start the Remi Garde thread now. I won't, because I'd never heard of him before last week. I am excited though. Purely because I've now got hope, under Sherwood I had just become apathetic towards everything.

About 6 weeks ago, in a little pub in Cannock, Stan was telling a couple of Villa fans that we were heading down under Sherwood.

Its an amazing how an agenda can change an opinion.

TBH if anyone goes to pubs in Cannock they are probably not the most intelligent people on the planet.

U bar on Wednesdays used to be good.

Really getting fed up with Stan's whinging about the club. My 'sources' tell me he's a total bellend who's full of shit. 

(I have no sources.)

He's a fan, he's fed up and he's using his media profile to apply pressure on the people running the club.  Fair play to him, I hope it continues. 

he's a bitter person who loved Fox in the summer now it seems he hates him because he sacked Sherwood and took his programme column off him. Collymore fell for Sherwoods PR. Fox has been in the role 12 months Almstadt not even 4 months. I think most of us liked the signings in the summer and we are trying to get a system in place that doesn't get ripped up every time a manager leaves. It works very well at Southampton and it's what we need Garde is a gamble but anybody is now 

I actually agree that this model is the right one, but it doesn't mean we've got the right people implementing the model.  I want Garde here but I think Stan makes some good points about the people at the top. The club is a mess and has been a mess for far too long.

Reilly and Almstadt  should not be anywhere near a premier league football club

And yet good enough for Arsenal and Liverpool?

Reilly did a cracking job at Liverpool. You never here Liverpool fans moan about the number of crap signings they made........

Hypocritical.

He says that the way we've chosen garde isn't ideal and I have to agree, if he's been picked in anyway shape or form similar to how these god awful players we have were picked.

Such tripe.

We haven't seen nearly enough of these god awful players yet really and especially under a proper manager.

If anything, the players that were picked up by Reilly have been better than Sherwood's experienced buys.

Hypocritical.

So you're not willing to give these "god awful players" a proper chance under an actual football manager? It's 10 games and out for you?

• Like 3

About 6 weeks ago, in a little pub in Cannock, Stan was telling a couple of Villa fans that we were heading down under Sherwood.Its an amazing how an agenda can change an opinion.

U bar on Wednesdays used to be good.

Exactly, one day in seven somewhere 'used to be' good.

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11969082/Remi-Garde-to-be-announced-as-new-Aston-Villa-manager.html

Remi Garde will be named as the new manager of Aston Villa on Monday and has been backed to succeed in the Premier League by his mentor Gerard Houllier. 

Garde has agreed to take over the struggling Midlanders after further negotiations this weekend and is expected to fly in for Monday night’s game against Tottenham Hotspur. 

The 49-year-old is understood to have signed a three-and-a-half year deal and is charged with the task of saving Villa from dropping into the Championship. 

Garde, the former Arsenal midfielder, will watch the Spurs game from the stands and will officially take charge for Sunday’s home match against Manchester City.

It will be his first managerial post outside of France but the Villa hierarchy are convinced he can mount a revival, following the sacking of Tim Sherwood, and then build the club in line with their long-term vision. He first established his reputation working under Houllier at Lyon, later leading the French club to two successive third-placed finishes in Ligue 1 as manager. 

And although Houllier, a former Villa manager, has admitted the club’s situation is a serious concern he is convinced Garde has the qualities to enhance his reputation. 

He told Telegraph Sport: “Remi takes over a team in a state of urgency and his first job is to get the confidence back into the players. 

“He’s got a task on his hands to save them from relegation but I fully expect him to be a success in the Premier League. 

“There is already a lot of talk about how he has not managed in England before but the same applies to Jurgen Klopp, Rafa Benitez and even myself and they didn’t do too badly. 

“He has spoken to me about Villa many times over the past week and I told him it was a great club with excellent facilities, a very good fanbase and they have a chairman that backs you.

“I will be here to assist him if he needs any advice but he will have good people at Villa that can help him. He is not somebody who has no experience, he speaks the English language and will get his ideas and philosophy across. 

“His philosophy will be attack-minded, he likes to build his teams from the back.” 

Villa have experienced frustration in their attempts to raid Lyon for Garde’s former assistants Gerald Baticle and Bruno Genesio, with a renewed move expected in the New Year. 

But Garde is poised to name Reginald Ray, who has been working at Bastia, as his assistant. 

Kevin MacDonald will take caretaker charge for Monday’s game at White Hart Lane before returning to his post with the Academy. 

Villa have only one win this season and have suffered six straight defeats. 

• Like 1